Silverstone Potential Owner

jimfacebinface

Paid Member
Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd bring this up here as I'm guessing you'll know best!

On Saturday, I'm off to test drive and have a look at #26 (I think) at a Renault dealer. It's up for nearly 13K with 10,300 miles on it. I have a 197 Cup and I am looking to swap it for a 200 FF with Cup pack soon as I prefer the modern nose and refined interior. I noticed the GP up for sale that's not too far from me but I want to know if it's worth that much of a premium over a normal 200 with similar extras. Are they priced highly because they should hold their value?

I think £13,000 (albeit from a Renault dealer) is steep for a nigh-on 3 year old Clio 200, though I do know they were pretty much 20K when they were new. However, is it worth it if you're not likely to loose as much as buying an "ordinary" 200?

Any advice to help me haggle would be very appreciated! I love the look of it and I like the idea of exclusivity. It's just the higher price that is making me think twice. I wouldn't buy what I couldn't afford but am I being silly when I could have similar a 200 FF with Cup pack for ~10K.

Many thanks!

James

13k is a joke and way too high. I can't see any reason for any of the special editions to be worth more than a normal one. They were only 20 odd grand when new because they had nearly all the option ticked as std.

A silver full fat with Recaros and black Speedlines and you have a silverstone apart from the badges. I was tempted by one but when I looked into it they are not worth the premium to me. Had the seats been trimmed in Alcantara or something that was not mainstream then yes I would of bought one. Instead I have a FF Silver cup chassis with black Speedlines and I've painted the roof black.

You probably wouldn't be able to get any more than a grand knocked off. It won't hold its value any more than a 200 would, its lost 7grand in 3 years anyway.

Yeah it is that one. No way I'd pay that much for a Clio. Like you say I'd rather have a 200 FF with Recaro. I'll see what they can do but I wouldn't pay more than 11 given the age, spec and milage

Ah Kev I have looked at a couple of Megs... they're so lovely but I might save it until I'm grown up a bit haha! I remember sitting in yours and thinking how grown up it felt compared to the Clio. I think I'd miss the little hatch too much. I'm yet to go out in a Meg'd Clio... Waiting for [MENTION=50771]Azagedon[/MENTION] to show me his :wink:

Seen it! Love it! Bit too far for me though, Steve. I'm not dead set on a Silverstone either, I'm just popping along to see if I fall for it as it's not too far. I'm already imagining it's a small world away from my non-A/C 197 cup!

Ah Kev I have looked at a couple of Megs... they're so lovely but I might save it until I'm grown up a bit haha! I remember sitting in yours and thinking how grown up it felt compared to the Clio. I think I'd miss the little hatch too much. I'm yet to go out in a Meg'd Clio... Waiting for @Azagedon to show me his :wink:

I had to get a clio from the money and wasn't letting that meg engine go to waist!!
I'll take you out in it mate when ever.

But in a picture it kinda goes like this...
10467120_10154255992065311_7083598179366713319_o_zps9e8a9738.jpg

Jim when are you looking to change ???? We have a sprint day in Sep you can drive Edith on track if you wish [MENTION=32324]jimfacebinface[/MENTION]

Edith, I like that. Cheers chaps that's really kind. Ideally I'd like to be swapped within a couple of weeks. Who knows what the winter will have in store though, maybe I'll get hold of a Meg engine if they're really that good!

They aren't good...

THEY'RE AMAZING :wink:. With zero compromise may I add.

It's gonna have to happen then! I saw a Megane 250 today and my word, the noise... turbo whistle, blow-off fluttering, raspy exhaust, pops and bangs. Lovely. I saw it as I was test driving the Silverstone GP edition. Lovely car, looked after, and the full fat feels a much nicer place to be than my Cup - however, neither my girlfriend or I loved it enough to get it, and given the dealer wouldn't move on the price, it was never going to happen. We've mutually agreed to go after a 200 FF in Racing Blue and Recaros are a must have, as I wouldn't live without mine!

Cheers for all the input on this everyone, and I'm looking forward to what comes our way!