Smoothed Front Bumper?

Wisenatcho

Paid Member
Seen a 197 advertised for sale on the Clio Sport Owners with a smoothed front bumper. Has anyone else done this or know if it is a big job to do?

Purely cosmetic, but as a track day car with no plates, I cant help but think it would improve the look of the front end... aside from the obvious respray, any ideas what other steps would be required?

Seen a 197 advertised for sale on the Clio Sport Owners with a smoothed front bumper. Has anyone else done this or know if it is a big job to do?

Purely cosmetic, but as a track day car with no plates, I cant help but think it would improve the look of the front end... aside from the obvious respray, any ideas what other steps would be required?
Got any pics? It wasn't just a colour coded bumper insert?

Seen a couple done. It's not at all straight forward. Fair bit of work to smooth out the bumper, and the grille underneath is shaped to fit around the bottom of the numberplate recess so that will need addressing too.

Something I'd love to do but it's a way off in the distance for now.

Looks VERY good though!

ja96pw.jpg

Agreed but as the OP is using it as a track car he wouldn't have it anywhere :smile:

In that case fair doos :smile: it does look a lot nicer I have to say and if I didn't legally require a front plate I'd be all over this as I think the smooth look is fantastic but for road use....na, police would be all over you and the plate in the window looks soo bad.

Reactions: Wisenatcho
Cheers Guys! The original FB post didn't have any pictures of it, but having seen some of these I think it makes it look so much nicer - just a shame its seems to be associated with the stupid wheels and arch clearance club :confused:
May have to investigate costs......

That blue car with the split rims above is also on air. Way to ruin the best thing about the car!

Kids love it on instagram though! Depends what's important to you. I'd take good handling over likes from kids not old enough to drive yet personally...

Still, the smoothed bumper looks fantastic to me.

I think it makes it look so much nicer - just a shame its seems to be associated with the stupid wheels and arch clearance club

Only one way to sort that mate! Looking forward to you addressing the balance and doing it on a car that's not been ruined!

:smiley:

If you do go ahead I'd be interested as to how you deal with the grille problem.

I just don't like the silly rear camber. There's a crap honda civic around here that has even more extreme camber and his contact patch must be smaller than a kids scooter
Rear end looks broken with that amount of camber. Love the car apart from that

Reactions: Gordini
Looks like a big smiley (smirking ?) face with a smoothed bumper in those pics......

Lost what front-end aggression they do have in my eyes.

Reactions: DS197
Cheers Guys! The original FB post didn't have any pictures of it, but having seen some of these I think it makes it look so much nicer - just a shame its seems to be associated with the stupid wheels and arch clearance club :confused:
May have to investigate costs......

I have thought about doing this before guy I spoke to about it said would have to plastic weld the number plate recess smooth off and paint quote was 250 but thought it was too much work for small mod and just bought h r springs instead