snakes pass (what a road)

E

Ed...

just though i'd let every1 know that i had the best run ever over snake pass tonight. not a car for about 20 miles then 3 land rovers doing 30mph...... needless to say bye bye lol.

even thgh it was wet i was booting it and feeling very confident that my PS2's would grip

braking had into corners also a dream

handling was sublime lol (although a little bit hard on the bum)

left sheffield city centre 8:17

at glossop golf club for 8:54

now thats gotta be a record lol bearing in mind i had the land rovers oh and there was a saab at fox house doing 30 cus it was slightly foggy lol

Wow you must have been going some woody! I must agree though it is a great road, but only when its quite. Last time I used it there was coaches and all sorts of japanese tourists using it! :smiley:

i think i only used ,3rd,4th and 6th got some speed on bamford bypass lmao rev light on every gear naughty naughty

been over there and back a few times over the last month. Good run out from my house. Can see why it is closed over winter! Have to keep an eye out for stray sheep aswell, especially round the Snake Inn

best time is midweek around 9pm its like a race track its that clear lol. just watch for the water dishes if its raining and a few corners are suprisingly tight even with KW's lol as i found last night. lol.

Have you tried the Cat and Fiddle between Macclesfield and Buxton? That's one hell of a road! Not advisable in the wet though, and you need to watch out for bikers.

I haven't been lucky enough to drive the Clio on it but I used to drive it every week for work.

Well worth a look. :smile:

Have you tried the Cat and Fiddle between Macclesfield and Buxton? That's one hell of a road! Not advisable in the wet though, and you need to watch out for bikers.

I haven't been lucky enough to drive the Clio on it but I used to drive it every week for work.

Well worth a look. :smile:

Problem is now though, it has average speed cameras along the whole length!

The cameras arnt working on the cat and fiddle, it my favourate road actually, that's were I kisse the barrier in the 200 :smile:

Cat & Fiddles is brilliant, the pub does great food too!!!

Not been over to the Snakes Pass yet, last time I was near it, it'd been closed due to a poorly biker. :worried:

Yeah the pub is a good for food. Make sure you've got a designated driver if you're drinking though. The walk home could be a bit of a nightmare!

as im a training officer I can actually confirm the speed cameras are turned off we had the problem of a shorter road (a back way) between the 2 speed cameras so alot of ppl got tickets when they wernt speeding

^^^ I read this somewhere, maybe Pistonheads!?! Didn't know it was true though!!! :smile:

it is true they are putting a camera on the back road soon I have just found out. lol stick to snakes pass just watch for the mobile cameras lol

the speed limit has been set to 70mph between the 2 main cameras on buxton road