Snow!!!

Mine is still clean! Just covered in frost and light snow now. The Sonax detailer has come in dead handy to add an extra layer of protection.

I really need to expand my knowledge past a bucket of water and some turtlewax! Especially If I want to look after my bodywork! Mine looks disgusting, the brown slushed snow all nicely wedged in the front wing!

Reactions: Micah
Mine is still clean! Just covered in frost and light snow now. The Sonax detailer has come in dead handy to add an extra layer of protection.
You lucky devil, doubt I'll have such luck when all the snow melts and she finally reveals herself (I'd be so lucky :wink: )
Was bad enough driving home after work Thursday with all the slush and shite slapping against the sides and up the back end! dread to think what she'll look like after this mini ice age that we seem to going through at the moment

I really need to expand my knowledge past a bucket of water and some turtlewax! Especially If I want to look after my bodywork! Mine looks disgusting, the brown slushed snow all nicely wedged in the front wing!
Get yourself some decent wash buckets, preferably 3, one designated for wheels, one for clean (shampoo) water and the other for rinse water, as a starting point :wink:
I'm by no means an expert but I like to think I know a little something, so if you have any queries or recommendations ask away I'll answer best I can to my knowledge

Get yourself some decent wash buckets, preferably 3, one designated for wheels, one for clean (shampoo) water and the other for rinse water, as a starting point :wink:
I'm by no means an expert but I like to think I know a little something, so if you have any queries or recommendations ask away I'll answer best I can to my knowledge

Haha the two bucket technique is already in full operation, albeit guilty for using the dregs to do the wheels at the end (you’re saying I’m going to have to buy another bucket now!!!)

Reactions: SeanTheSheep
Haha the two bucket technique is already in full operation, albeit guilty for using the dregs to do the wheels at the end (you’re saying I’m going to have to buy another bucket now!!!)
Lol. If you can stretch it mate it's definitely worth it to have a third bucket for wheels alone so there's no worries of cross contamination of brake dust and wheel grime on the cars paint work

Lol. If you can stretch it mate it's definitely worth it to have a third bucket for wheels alone so there's no worries of cross contamination of brake dust and wheel grime on the cars paint work

(Slightly off topic from the snow, apologies!)

A very good point!

My cousin is a huge bodywork enthusiast, and manage to salvage a nasty scuff mark after someone’s bumper caught me!

39404bd06b60cc7afab360c8983dbf12.jpg

I’m on holiday for 2 weeks to Florida shortly, and he’s using a chipex kit to fill in a nasty stonechip on the rear quarter i picked up in November (image below!)

Maybe he’ll machine polish the car, I can see some swirling but I think if he does that then it’d be time to really crack down on bad cleaning habits etc! d501f94473c9c03cab31aa857c3b60d7.jpg

Wish I had a cousin who would maintain my cars paint work with a machine polisher at the sign of chips or swirls (anyone really for that matter) would be awesome :wink:
Last time I got someone in to rid her of swirls and nastys she'd acquired over time cost me a pretty penny! In all fairness it was worth every penny and some saying that.
Think I'll be back in contact with matey boy this coming summer to give her another going over to keep her in tip top condition even tho it's all pretty sweet as it is, every little counts :wink:

Reactions: RossWoods93
521cc41ef522b8c9ec05ed3a31478cb4.jpg

Started against in Suffolk around 3ish till 9pm, a nice fresh layer of snow on the road!
As far as the forecast is suggesting that’s the end of it now for us!

521cc41ef522b8c9ec05ed3a31478cb4.jpg

Started against in Suffolk around 3ish till 9pm, a nice fresh layer of snow on the road!
As far as the forecast is suggesting that’s the end of it now for us!
Another day of heavy snow fall down this way according to the weather man, we shall see what tomorrow brings

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lukepanigale Gallery 0
W Clio 197 Area 2
Chris General Chat 23
Barney626 Spotted 1
RS 197 Slo Gallery 62