Somebody please help!

Hi all, new to the forum. Apologies if this is the wrong section etc but I’m having a nightmare trying to get the oil filter off my 200

Oil is drained, can’t go anywhere :blush: got to get the train to work tomorrow.

So the oil filter won’t budge, tried wd40, got some oil filter pliers but they keep slipping. Chain tools are too fiddly for where it is. Anybody got any ideas? I presume I’m turning the correct way, anti-clock wise as you face the front of the car.

Any tips welcome, thanks.

When I did mine got under the car, flicked a chain tool over the top and had someone with a screw driver making sure the top bit didnt fall off.

Just had to give it the absolute beans to budge it. Every time I've done it, it's caved the filter in it took so much force.

Filter seals should be oiled and hand tightened only. Sounds like yours was a nightmare. There is not much room at the best of times!

It was ridiculous to be honest, screwdriver went through the bottom and poked out the top of the filter. Then had to take the air feed out, 70 year old 50cm chisel over the end of the driver, then a few massive bangs with a few hammer and it finally moved and inch!

Oiled up the new one before putting in so should be better next year!