Spacers In Black anyone - and do they rust up over time??

So tonight had a chance to see @Benno996 car with his lowering springs and 25mm H&R spacers and I was impressed the spacers just make it look right to me it's how it should have looked from day one.

So my question is does anyone know where I can get the spacers in black , mailed kam racing they replied that they are sure H&R do not do black in the clio fitment, looking at the DRA type reading through the forum today this is the 'safest' option.

Just wondering as well do they turn rusty/nasty looking over time?

Thanks.

Get them anodised in Black and do it properly - presuming they are an Aluminium part....

:smile:

**Which was in no offence to and posted at the same time as the above reply !!!!

Reactions: Benno
Knew I probably should have asked this BEFORE I put them on the car....might have to be a coat of Hammerite to get through Trax and get them done properly after?

Get them anodised in Black and do it properly - presuming they are an Aluminium part....

:smile:

**Which was in no offence to and posted at the same time as the above reply !!!!

Hmmm how much do we think that would set me back?...I like the sound of that though..

Hmmm how much do we think that would set me back?...I like the sound of that though..

We have somewhere just a few hundred yards away on our Industrial estate I've used before. Worth seeing if you have anywhere near you ?

I suggested that over powder coating because of the quality of finish - ref keeping the mating surfaces perfectly flat and longevity. 'Factory' finish effectively....

Would be pukka way to go about it in my eyes, but as above there are other ways around it.

Good prep and spraying with Hammerite Satin should provide a great looking and lasting finish too.... that paint is really hardy and good looking I can tell you from experience. Just used it on the feet of my seat runners last week.

Reactions: kevlar and Benno
We have somewhere just a few hundred yards away on our Industrial estate I've used before. Worth seeing if you have anywhere near you ?

I suggested that over powder coating because of the quality of finish - ref keeping the mating surfaces perfectly flat and longevity. 'Factory' finish effectively....

Would be pukka way to go about it in my eyes, but as above there are other ways around it.

Good prep and spraying with Hammerite Satin should provide a great looking and lasting finish too.... that paint is really hardy and good looking I can tell you from experience. Just used it on the feet of my seat runners last week.

Hmmm quick google found these guys with a web site from 1991, but hey maybe worth a shout!

http://www.anodisingswindon.co.uk

Reactions: sevenfourate

@Benno996 So just had a reply from the company I emailed last night - certainly a quick reply, good start.

He advised they can do them in black turnaround time about 3 days cost £65 - hmm not to bad and they are black and as shuv suggested a more long term and factory type finish could be a winner...

Shuv as a comparison could you get a price from the place by where you work?

Reactions: Benno
Now if that's not a winner I don't know what is...get on it Kev! What sort of lead time are they saying? Might take mine off if they'll be black before Trax...

@Benno996 So just had a reply from the company I emailed last night - certainly a quick reply, good start.

He advised they can do them in black turnaround time about 3 days cost £65 - hmm not to bad and they are black and as shuv suggested a more long term and factory type finish could be a winner...

Shuv as a comparison could you get a price from the place by where you work?

Good price that from my experience of having other stuff done....

As with any finishing process. Preparation is everything.

Look forward to seeing them !!

Good price that from my experience of having other stuff done....

As with any finishing process. Preparation is everything.

Look forward to seeing them !!
Now if that's not a winner I don't know what is...get on it Kev! What sort of lead time are they saying? Might take mine off if they'll be black before Trax...

@Benno996 The only issue is they are not able to do it from 21st - 26th as they are all on holiday, but back on 27th - proper old school company, bet they close half day n a wednesday to - sorry Ben thay may have been lost on you...showing my age!.

Give them a shout see what they can do for you - I need to look see if I can find deals on spacers carparts 4 less discount code does not apply on performance parts...damn.