Spam or not.?

jase

Founder
Platinum Member
Got this Email today. What do you think.?

Peter Choung
28 Jalan Bukit 2
Seri Alam, 81750
Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia
Email:choungpeter@yahoo.com.hk

I am Peter Choung, an attorney at law. A deceased client of mine, that shares the same last name as yours died as the result of a heart-related condition on March 12th 2005. His heart condition was due to the death of all the members of his family in the tsunami disaster on the 26th December 2004 in Sumatra Indonesia. And in the record there is no known successor to this deposit of the deceased who died without a will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Indian_Ocean_earthquake.

I have contacted you to assist in distributing the money left behind by my client before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this deposit valued at Eighteen million dollars is (US$18million dollars) lodged. This bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin; I can be reached at choungpeter@yahoo.com.hk for more information.

Best regards,
Peter Choung
========================

i think fraud...
His email address is a yahoo not a company.
They aren't supposed to disclose figures.
Why contact me through email and not electoral role.

my wife has just read your thread mate she has 20-30 aday
all sayin the same thing STRAIGHT IN TO SPAM
all they want is your BANK DETAILS:@

I have emailed him already with my Bank Account details and Sort Code! :wink:

Use to deal with this all the time when i work in the bank, they will then email you saying that due to the laws in the country where the money is coming from you need to pay the tax before its released. Once you pay the 'tax' all of a sudden the emails stop and disappears. lol.

Love Mike's post!

Defo spam Jase...it's a Hong Kong (allegedly) email address with a KL postal address...that street in KL is where quite a few of the large hotels are..

Similar Thread Suggestions