Sparco R600 seats ...... Any experience ?

have you not got a chance to sit in some??believe when i was looking into gettin bucket seats,there is a shop (somewhere down south) where you can try whether you fit in or not :thumb:

Reactions: sevenfourate
I'm looking at those too, and also these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311800856933

So I'm also interested in any feedback.

I've read reports the R100 are small Sean. Especially the backs not being very tall...... If that may affect you ?

The others i like are these (Not with the logo pictured mind).

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/corbeau-rs1-jacquard-road-seat/prod_4555.html

I've thought and decided £1k is enough for a pair of seats on a car of my value. I wont get any more for the car because of them - and they will be worth 'pennies' second-hand on their own. And i'd really like something different from the normal Recaro's. Although i realise everyone gets the CS's for good reason. Just not for me at this point in time....:smile:

Reactions: Sean197
Shuv, sorry mate but honestly, I don't like them at all. They're far too bulky!

Is there something you don't like about the Recaro CS? Have to say I think they're much better looking (actually the best looking recliner in my opinion) and you could have a set of those in your car cheaper than it would cost to get the R600s in your car. Unless you're going second hand and then I'd expect it to be something similar once you've added in subframes and whatnot.

Plus those Sparco are HEAVY! I think 21kg vs 14kg for the CS.

If you're staying with recliners mate, I'd be going OEM Recaro all the way.

Just my opinion fella.

Shuv, sorry mate but honestly, I don't like them at all. They're far too bulky!

Is there something you don't like about the Recaro CS? Have to say I think they're much better looking (actually the best looking recliner in my opinion) and you could have a set of those in your car cheaper than it would cost to get the R600s in your car. Unless you're going second hand and then I'd expect it to be something similar once you've added in subframes and whatnot.

Plus those Sparco are HEAVY! I think 21kg vs 14kg for the CS.

If you're staying with recliners mate, I'd be going OEM Recaro all the way.

Just my opinion fella.

And as much as i truly value your honest opinion - i'm old enough and ugly enough to go my own direction..... :smile:

I cant afford / wont spend the money to purchase CS's in leather / alcantara. And i'd honestly rather sit on a cardboard box than spend £1k on a nice set of CS's with THAT standard trim quality. And if i got a standard set and then got them custom trimmed - i'd have been better to buy new leather ones in the first place. And spending £2.5k or whatever for seats on a £6.5k car is lunacy IMO.

I think the standard R600's are 19. something KG. Not lighter than standard - or as light as the CS's obviously. But about the same as standard pews currently in the car i think (?).

I've just seen a quoted figure of 11kg (???????) for the Corbeau RS1 Sportline here:

http://www.clio197.net/threads/sparco-r600-seats-any-experience.55968/#post-633639

If thats anything like correct, and i can get for around £350 each in the colour / trim i'd like; that's quite an appealing option as i really do see your point on taking the opportunity to save some weight Mes......

thumb_Corbeau-RS1-Jacquard-Edition-1_zpssih7gjyl.jpg

Half the trouble is - after literally "months" of looking i still havn't found anything that truly 'grabs' me for around £1k; for a pair of reclining seats. The above options i really like.....but they still don't quite stir my loins per-se ! Maybe i should do nothing......

Ha, nice one Shuv, I knew you'd be big enough to take it!

And yep, I absolutely feel your pain. It's something I've toyed with for at least two years for the BMW. Bottom line is, decent recliners are about as thin on the ground as decent wheel options for the Clio.

I'd even considered having proper buckets mounted as far forward as possible so fully back was just a tiny bit back in reality, in the hope that fully forward up against the wheel it would still allow rear access. There's the option for the BMW that is the CSL interior which is basically a Recaro Pole Position that tilts forward to allow access to the back. But I could buy a VERY tidy car for the money that would cost.

I came to two conclusions. One, new seats is a big expense whatever you do. And you need to factor in an extra £500ish for subframes and runners and whatnot, and two, there really aren't that many recliners I like.

I guess the third conclusion was that I wasn't quite ready to strip the back out and put a proper set in. But I'm getting very close to weight loss being a decision that's going to happen. Standard seats at 30kg vs Recaro SPG at 6.5kg. Almost 50kg gone just in seats.

Anyway, this has been bugger all help to you, all I can say is I know what you're going through!

Ha, nice one Shuv, I knew you'd be big enough to take it!

And yep, I absolutely feel your pain. It's something I've toyed with for at least two years for the BMW. Bottom line is, decent recliners are about as thin on the ground as decent wheel options for the Clio.

I'd even considered having proper buckets mounted as far forward as possible so fully back was just a tiny bit back in reality, in the hope that fully forward up against the wheel it would still allow rear access. There's the option for the BMW that is the CSL interior which is basically a Recaro Pole Position that tilts forward to allow access to the back. But I could buy a VERY tidy car for the money that would cost.

I came to two conclusions. One, new seats is a big expense whatever you do. And you need to factor in an extra £500ish for subframes and runners and whatnot, and two, there really aren't that many recliners I like.

I guess the third conclusion was that I wasn't quite ready to strip the back out and put a proper set in. But I'm getting very close to weight loss being a decision that's going to happen. Standard seats at 30kg vs Recaro SPG at 6.5kg. Almost 50kg gone just in seats.

Anyway, this has been bugger all help to you, all I can say is I know what you're going through!

HA HA HA

No harm at all meant here buddy. Just wanted it clear i wont be swayed on CS's. Its possible my personal dislike (In terms of actually owning them - because i won't deny they look great) is nearly as huge as your combined hatred of F1 and MotoGP. Yes: Its that strong :smile:

I also long to be different Mes. I've never been a sheep for the sake of being a sheep and i don't intend to be now. (Sorry Kev !).

In saying that there's often a reason things are popular. And i'm damned sure the CS's fit into that regime of being sought-after for good reason. On many things [Brake discs,tyres etc] i've followed the herd. And to be fair havn't been disappointed yet.

Perhaps that's even more reason i want to go my own way on this one. And whilst i'll happily listen to and take on board all opinions - bottom line is i'll be doing this to please Shuv. So whilst i'll ask questions and listen to all the differing thoughts: I wont necessarily take any notice :smile:

Above advice on your last post taken on board. I'm at a similar stage. And now even more undecided !!!

Thanks (?) lol

They look great IMO. To be fair I think most new seats do:grinning:

If you're doing a club meet later in the year couldn't you detour to a seat shop?

Just a thought.

They look great IMO. To be fair I think most new seats do:grinning:

If you're doing a club meet later in the year couldn't you detour to a seat shop?

Just a thought.

Thats a great point Ben.....

I'm keen. But not sure i'm 400 miles keen right now 'just' for a seat trial.........

Reactions: Big Ben
HA HA HA

No harm at all meant here buddy. Just wanted it clear i wont be swayed on CS's. Its possible my personal dislike (In terms of actually owning them - because i won't deny they look great) is nearly as huge as your combined hatred of F1 and MotoGP. Yes: Its that strong :smile:

I also long to be different Mes. I've never been a sheep for the sake of being a sheep and i don't intend to be now. (Sorry Kev !).

In saying that there's often a reason things are popular. And i'm damned sure the CS's fit into that regime of being sought-after for good reason. On many things [Brake discs,tyres etc] i've followed the herd. And to be fair havn't been disappointed yet.

Perhaps that's even more reason i want to go my own way on this one. And whilst i'll happily listen to and take on board all opinions - bottom line is i'll be doing this to please Shuv. So whilst i'll ask questions and listen to all the differing thoughts: I wont necessarily take any notice :smile:

Above advice on your last post taken on board. I'm at a similar stage. And now even more undecided !!!

Thanks (?) lol

Ha, SO sorry mate. I feel like I've just passed my dilemma on to you! To be fair, the weight saving thing isn't as much hear as it is with the BMW. The seats weigh a TONNE.

But the more I think about it, the more I really want the added lightness. Makes such a difference.

Reactions: suj
I'm not a huge fan of recliners, personally. Hence selling my Recaros for buckets.

Those Sparcos look a bit too bulky IMO. They won't suit the car, plus they're HEAVY!

Would you not just be better going for some nice, light buckets?

Similar Thread Suggestions