Spare £60k anyone?

Thanks for your sagely advice. You've saved me from makin' a right plum of maself...here was me about to spunk £60k on a Clio :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Glad you came along.

I wouldn't use AT, there aren't that many of the sort of cars I'd want for £60k on there. Funnily enough I'm in that market right now, so yeah, I'm very aware of what's available.

It's the Internet mate, you may find a bit of tongue in cheek from time to time...
I was just passing comment, no need to be a c*nt about it.

If you've read any amount of @///M posts on here - you'll see this guy is far from an ass. Quite the opposite infact.

I think you two have likely just had a clash of Internet personalities @skiptontweed and misunderstood Mes's humour.....

If anyone does have an issue with another member please either contact one of the staff, message the other member directly or better still ignore them.

There is no need for; and no one likes to see this type of language on this (open) forum.

Thankyou in advance.

The 197 / 200 / 200T Admin Team.

Reactions: Jimmy and Pav

Very classy!

Mate, you dug up an all but finished thread, to quote me and offer me your wisdom when it was pretty clear that it wasn't gravely serious judging by my "(and possibly a bit mental)".

Certainly no need for petty name calling because I had a laugh about it!

It's a gorgeous day outside. Grab a beer and have a laugh yeah?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Have a good one!

2yvp17k.gif

bear.jpg

Reactions: Pav
If you've read any amount of @///M posts on here - you'll see this guy is far from an ass. Quite the opposite infact.

I think you two have likely just had a clash of Internet personalities @skiptontweed and misunderstood Mes's humour.....

If anyone does have an issue with another member please either contact one of the staff, message the other member directly or better still ignore them.

There is no need for; and no one likes to see this type of language on this (open) forum.

Thankyou in advance.

The 197 / 200 / 200T Admin Team.

:smiley: Love ya mate!

Can we just leave it at that please guys. Any further posts on this, rather than the original thread topic, will be deleted.

Cheers :smile:

I love all this caring talk warms my heart @///M members showing the loving side????

I don't want to drag out or dwell on the negatives and more than enough has been said.

But - I do want to point out that whilst we do have a very close community here: this isn't about 'us' being a 'boys club and patting each other's backs - or trying to single out anyone. Far far from it. We would hope people feel welcomed here and are encouraged to join in !

It's about protecting the community, its ethos and the image we portray. And language like that or name-calling will not be tolerated.

From anyone.

Enough preaching from me. Let's move on guys.

Have a good day :smile:

Sorry guys, looks like I got the wrong end of the stick. Sarcasm can be difficult to spot on a forum, particularly when I'm barely paying attention and don't really check in very often.

I didn't read the whole thread before replying to it, so had no idea it was 'fully discussed' already. I took an interest because I've been considering buying a V6 as an investment, so seemed relevant.

I certainly wasn't attacking anybody in the first instance but it literally isn't worth commenting sometimes, this being a case in point.

Probably shouldn't have jumped on @///M but I'm not sure how many of you are exposed to mild language in real life - I'm genuinely amazed at the responses on here. Actually spat out some of my cup of tea when I logged back in and saw what happened.

Will keep it clean in future.

R*gards,

Skip

Sorry guys, looks like I got the wrong end of the stick. Sarcasm can be difficult to spot on a forum, particularly when I'm barely paying attention and don't really check in very often.

I didn't read the whole thread before replying to it, so had no idea it was 'fully discussed' already. I took an interest because I've been considering buying a V6 as an investment, so seemed relevant.

I certainly wasn't attacking anybody in the first instance but it literally isn't worth commenting sometimes, this being a case in point.

Probably shouldn't have jumped on @///M but I'm not sure how many of you are exposed to mild language in real life - I'm genuinely amazed at the responses on here. Actually spat out some of my cup of tea when I logged back in and saw what happened.

R*gards,

Skip
Got no problem with anyone speaking freely Skip. Doubt anyone else has either. We're all big boys.
Might've been misplaced that's all.
Keep checking in and posting. That's what forums are for.

R*gards,

Skip

No need to apologise. Wires got crossed on the internet, it happens!

R*gards,

Skip

Nice one for being big enough to post that. Apology fully accepted.

As for the language, I have the mouth of a sailor so zero offence on the use of a certain word. It's all about context though huh?

Reactions: Pav
tbh I think plenty of people are more than exposed and use every profanity under the sun day and daily but it's nice that there is an unwritten understanding that it's seldom used here, I like it that way to be honest, think that's why this forum is different to any others I've ever been on.

tbh I think plenty of people are more than exposed and use every profanity under the sun day and daily but it's nice that there is an unwritten understanding that it's seldom used here, I like it that way to be honest, think that's why this forum is different to any others I've ever been on.
its been said many times before but its you guys,who make it great on here...:thumb:

As much as I loved the Clio V6 when it came out Im on the fence as to whether it would be an investment. However, if you were buying it for fun, Id buy a rougher one for half the cost (and probably spend the other half maintaining it!)

If it was a car that would have to appreciate and you could still use for a little driving, a BMW e46 M3 CSL. I saw one on eBay a few weeks ago with 20k on the clock, starting price of £60k. Kept under 50k miles the value would only go up.

But there are a lot of cars Id pick for a variety of reasons.