Speedline 7.5" or 8"

HI, I'm new so be gentle.
I have a 200 cup with the speedline satin black wheels.
The thing is I'm trying to buy some tires for it and need to know the exact width. So I had a look at the back of the wheel and gues what? It's stamped with 7.5J17 5CH68 AND 8J17 5CH68 on opposite sides of the wheel, so which one is it?
It has loads of other numbers on it as well next to SPEEDLINE it's stamped with SL1977.
Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Tom.

If you give us the ET number (offset) it'll help.

The high ET number ~ET68 or something is the optional wheel which is 7.5x17 so a 215/45 R17 tyre.

The cup racer wheels have two different offsets both with a lower number, I'm not sure of their offset but someone on here will know. They are 8x17 so a 215/45 R17 or a 235/40R17 tyre.

I have cup racer wheels in garage and need some tyres for them. Anyone on here know for sure which tyre size will fit them???

tom with a 7.5 u shoud be looking at 215 45 17's you could push it with 225 45 17 but I have 225 40 18 on a 8j megane 225 rim so u might struggle to find a tyre that fits.

I have cup racer wheels in garage and need some tyres for them. Anyone on here know for sure which tyre size will fit them???

215/45 R17 and 235/40 R17

My Ultraleggera's are 8x17 and I've had both sizes on them. On the 215's the turn in is sharper and it feels a lot nimbler.

Cheers mark, you wouldnt believe the trouble i had trying to find a suitable tyre to fit it.

Now i only need to decide between Pradas and Toyo T1Rs :tongueout:

yeah thats true yokos are poor in the wet. makes the car feel like a feather.

To be honest, for all the poor reputation they get, i cannot fault nor better the standard conti's.

Maybe its just the car but they have never let me down, yet lol.

thanks for all the input, i'll give you a little background. I live in Switzerland and the car currently has the stock 215 45 17 conti 3's on it. Want I want to do is buy some winter tyres for it so would like to down size to a 205 45 17 this is possible on a 7.5" wheel but not an 8" wide wheel. So that's why I want to know.

These are the other numbers stamped on the wheel

8200616058 BL

GR1977

neither looks like the ofset, what would that look like?

Thanks,

T.

Last edited:
u dont need to know the offset if ure just changing tyres. only if ure changing wheels.

yeah I know that, but my question is how do I find out the width of my wheels when they seem to be stamped with 2 sizes?

the road car 'cup' wheels are 7.5" wide. The race car 'cup' wheels are 8" wide.

lol u have to through a spanner in ady lol. im hoping its the road car cup wheels u have lol

measuring them is difficult. I asked a local renault garage and they said 7.5" too. How can you tell the difference between race and normal is there any specific code stamped on them?
Cheers, T.