Spellcheck

///M

Gold Member
Why is it set to American?

:smiley:

Any chance it could be set to actual English and not the pretend dumbed down version?

No big thing really, just bugs me!

Taa guys.

I'm guessing that it's the default for the forum software that we use (XenForo).

Alternatively, I always assumed that the spell checker was built into the specific web browser you were using?? I.e. mine is Chrome. Which is still in American, however....

EDIT: just checked in Google Language settings, and it is indeed set to English (American), which the spell check uses. It is possible to change it to actual English, however it says this language can't be used for spell checking.... #facepalm

Reactions: sevenfourate
I'm guessing that it's the default for the forum software that we use (XenForo).

Alternatively, I always assumed that the spell checker was built into the specific web browser you were using?? I.e. mine is Chrome. Which is still in American, however....

EDIT: just checked in Google Language settings, and it is indeed set to English (American), which the spell check uses. It is possible to change it to actual English, however it says this language can't be used for spell checking.... #facepalm

God bless America!

Thanks for looking anyway mate :smile: