Spluttering and losing power at 6k revs Clio 200

Hi I've had my Clio rs for 8 months it's done 40k miles never missed a beat until now it's starting spluttering in low revs and just no power at all in high revs and really struggling to do 90mph I've had it plugged in at the garage and it's showing no faults has anybody seen this before

Check your cambelt and cam timing and stop driving the car till you sure it's non of the above

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

As above, timing, plugs or coils. I would have expected coil failure to throw a fault though??

Hi I've had my Clio rs for 8 months it's done 40k miles never missed a beat until now it's starting spluttering in low revs and just no power at all in high revs and really struggling to do 90mph I've had it plugged in at the garage and it's showing no faults has anybody seen this before
Check the coils. Seals go and holes get water in

It's confusing me why it's not showing any codes I'm gunna change plugs tomorrow and if that doesn't fix it I'll replace the coil packs

The question was - would it throw a code for a faulty spark plug. I have never known a car to throw a code for a dodgy spark plug. Are you sure it would? If it does then that's quite impressive. A dodgy coil pack yes it will throw a code.
Happy to be proven wrong.

I find in first gear when taking off the car seems a bit 'jumpy' and if i try to nip out somewhere it sometimes splutters which is a bit dangerous. Should i maybe look at replacing my plugs?

Plugs would be a good place to start, although it could be a multitude of things. For £27, if they haven't been changed for a while, it's a cheap and easy enough change. I've read that the washer jets can sometimes leak into the coils, so worth whipping them out and checking (remove the bottom rubber boot and check for corrosion).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271795049486?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Cheers mate, I'll give the plugs a shot anyway since there only a few quid.
Only seems to happen most when cold and isn't as bad when it warms up. I'll have to study the service history and see what was replaced and when, need to protect this wee gem lol

Cheers mate, I'll give the plugs a shot anyway since there only a few quid.
Only seems to happen most when cold and isn't as bad when it warms up. I'll have to study the service history and see what was replaced and when, need to protect this wee gem lol

They are known for their 'kangarooing' from cold, it's a very common thing, so what you're experiencing might be perfectly normal. Letting it warm through for a minute or two can lessen the effects.

Reactions: Roshi69
Yea I had seen a good bit about it so is hasn't and isn't really worrying me. Just thinking of servicing it myself as Charles hurst said the serviced it and stamped the book but I don't trust them one bit with the way they've fucked me about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I had seen a good bit about it so is hasn't and isn't really worrying me. Just thinking of servicing it myself as Charles hurst said the serviced it and stamped the book but I don't trust them one bit with the way they've fucked me about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah ok, fair enough. Definitely worth doing the work in that case then, especially if you can't be certain whether it's been done before!