Squeaky steering.

Evening everyone. Had a slight issue develop over the last week or so. I have a squeaking noise coming from the front right of the car when I turn at low speeds. It's not a knocking noise, just a strange squeaking noise is the best way I can describe it. Just wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this? I've not seen any adverse effect to handling. Cars booked in for an MOT on Wednesday which will give a diagnosis, but just wanted a rough idea what it could be. Going on a European road trip in a about 10 days time and want the car free of issues.
Thanks in advance.

This same problem started on mine today just before a trackday was fine all day tho and only happened at low speed and didn't effect the handling at all il get it on the ramp tomorrow to investigate

No it doesn't [MENTION=29]foxspeed[/MENTION]. It doesn't happen a lot just at speeds less than 20 mph. Just sounds really horrible , just want to sort it before I head off. [MENTION=51405]DB_CLIO[/MENTION] sounds exactly like mine, when you find out could you let me know mate, so I have a rough idea.

Il let you know I've got to check it after today so il get it on the ramp hopefully something simple must be really as it didn't put a foot Wrong round donnington

Sweet cheers, fills me with confidence that you've been on a trackday and had no issues. Well I've just got in from my brothers place and handling was no issue, as you say hopefully something simple to fix.

Update: Lower ball joint needs replacing. The mechanic said it was the lower ball joint connected to the hub. Can anyone point me in the right direction to finding a replacement. Thanks.

You can either buy the joint separate from r sport inu Wimbledon or buy the whole assembly like I did for both sides(if one has gone the other is about to), it's more expensive but apparently getting the old joint out risks cracking the aluminium upright and then you'll need liquid nitrogen to fit the new joint without damaging it as it is a friction fit so nitrogen is used to make it contract so it goes in. I thought it was a safer bet to get it already completed.

I got exactly the same problem as you e described started happening about 2 months ago haven't bothered me that much as only heard it when reverse parking occasionally...will probably get it sorted when I'm due my next major service including the belt yippeeee not...:thumbdown:

I'm hoping it's ok for a bit, spent a bit already. Need to see the bank balance grow a bit again. It's true though, you get bitten by the mod bug! Although these little annoyances grate.

£110 for parts - one pair
£120 for fitting - one pair

That's what I've paid and it was this issue and it sorted it

Similar Thread Suggestions