Squeegee blades

Dystant

Detailing Dale
Paid Member
Anybody use one of these things to aid drying the car? If so what's your opinion on it?

Tempted to get one as I used my mates the other week and it was so helpful for drying the car off quicker, but heard it can cause scratches.

I use one carefully. Think it's an old autoglym one. Get the worst of the water off then out with the drying cloth

With a rubber type blade ?

The whole point of detailing paintwork and using ph neutral chemicals, jet-washes, snow-foam etc and a drying towel (Using a patting action)- is to be touch free as much as possible and extremely careful when you do have to touch any paintwork.

Every time you touch it your risking marring, scratches, swirls etc. Even if at the micro level. So the best course of attack it to touch it as little as possible. Depends how serious and how anal you are of course; but if you are serious about detailing / care of your paint - this is about as far removed from what you want to do as possible IMO.

Rechargeable Leaf blower is what you need; if you want a head-start before towel drying and are keen to do it properly and preserve that well polished and well waxed surface :smile:

***You did ask !!

I use one carefully. Think it's an old autoglym one. Get the worst of the water off then out with the drying cloth

autoglym are silicone and i use one just to remove the water - i also wipe it after every pass

On that lovely car you have???

Pretty much certain to scratch your car. If you do it often the scratches will build up to be easily visible.

Drying is one of the most imortant stages.

Buy two GOOD towels and do it properly mate. Can't advise that enough. Ask any pro detailer and I'm fully confident what they'd say!

There's a clear consensus here already. Don't do it mate!

Reactions: Chris
Well it appears as though a squeegee is a big no no... :excited:

Do I need a drying specific towel? Or will a Meguiars microfibre cloth do the trick?

Reactions: Big Ben

Do I need a drying specific towel? Or will a Meguiars microfibre cloth do the trick?
Don't be put off by people who know what they're doing mate

Be different, be wrong!:smiley:

Reactions: Dystant

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/drying-towels/cat_65.html

Buy two mate, you don't really need two but it makes drying quicker and less of a pain in the backside having to keep wringing a single one out.

If you want to look after your paintwork, it's really worth having a proper towel. And it's a one off expense.

:thumb:

I'd steer well clear of a water blade! if you get even the slightest bit of dirt beneath it whilst wiping your car you could well run the risk of creating swirl marks or worse to your paintwork. I'd recommend a good quality drying towel instead.

Reactions: Dystant
Good for windows! Keep it like that.

You could use it on your windrsceeen for decent results...

Similar Thread Suggestions