Stalk controls and speaker recommendation for 200

Can anyone advise me on some good speakers and the correct Connects2 stalk lead for my 200. I have an Alpine 113BT HU and want to run the speakers off the HU but improve the bass and quality over the stock ones. I'm not sure what I should spend to get some decent results. I may also get Dynamat aswell if that would improve things?

Cheers :smile:

For a 200 you will need the CTSRN007 with an alpine patch lead. As far as speakers the standard fit sizes are 5.25" (13cm) all round (components up front & co-axials in the rear. If your running off the headunit, look for speakers with a high sensitivity figure in their specs. Try focal / hertz / dls. Try and get to shops and have a listen as they all have their own sound. I like dls as they use silk tweeters and sound less harsh than other brands. To really get the best though, an amp makes things much better, and you could afford to lose the rears altogether. Sound deadening will always help by stopping panel vibration and giving you extra volume. The biggest gains IMO are by mounting the mids securely in the door. I'm currently trying to mod the inside of the door panels and mount 6.5" components to mdf baffles attached to the door. I don't like the way the standard speakers attach to the plastic door card.

Cheers mate for all that info. I was looking at Focal actually...

One thing that does worry me is taking the dash off to fit the tweeters and crossovers. I always think it's never going to go back together as well and I'll end up with a rattle from somewhere :worried:

You dont have to take of the dash. The tweeter grilles pop off (be careful though, as I here replacements are expensive. When putting grilles back on (more for th mids than tweeters, I would recomend using anti-squeak tape (from ebay) See my thread in this section regarding rattles. This will stop the grilles vibrating when using the volume in anger!

Also I would forget dynamat....look at silent coat stuff from Car Audio Direct. I bought a bulk pack which was enough to do 2 cars and worked out great value for money.

I wouldnt plaster this car in it though, as you will add too much weight. Just go for a piece in the middle of large panels and that should give you an improvement.

These are some pics of the other halfs corsa I did:

bd5f66de.jpg

cad64020.jpg

482415a8.jpg

32300c50.jpg

As said though, extra weight wasn't an issue with this car!

Bare in mind that there's no tweeters in a 200, so those will need wiring from scratch.

daz - a 200 owner I was talking to said that although there are no tweeters fitted to the 200, the wiring loom is still there, and that he hooked up tweeters to this and they worked straight off?

Ah right, I knew the tweeters weren't there so presumed the wiring wasn't, but maybe it is?

I think usually in most cases, manufacturers save money by deleting parts, but its cheaper for them to keep the same loom/build process. That prob explains why the wiring is stll there...which makes things slightly easier!

It's definately there, just checked.

Has a dummy tweeter, I didn't even realise they don't have them :\ , my crappy old oil burner had them so you'd think these would.