Steering column

toms111s

Paid Member
Does anybody know if the steering column in the 197 is model specific or is it the same one used in all Mk3 Clios? I know that there are different types depending on whether the car uses a key or keycard.

Thanks for taking the time to reply I appreciate it, however it is the steering column I am looking for information on,

A sh*t right what's the problem your having the 197's have two types basically cup non height and distance adjustable and the normal 197 which have these adjustments.

Reactions: toms111s
Mine seems to randomly flit between assisted and non assisted. I can be driving along and suddenly the steering will go heavy. All I wanted to know was if I bought a column from a non RS model of Clio would it work or are the internals of the motor or gearing for the motor specific to the RS cars?

I was under the impression that the steering columns were tricky to swap over as I thought they were somehow coded to the car?

not 100% sure though

I think the steering lock module for cars that have keyless entry are coded. They just unbolt from the column though so could be swapped to a different one. While I've been looking I've seen column ECU's, I'm guessing they can be swapped from one column to another too.

Reactions: EthanMenace