Steves Megane conversion build - She's finally running (VIDEO inside)

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Great update as ever Steven, nice touch!

Your poor old bumper must cry everytime you pull the car into your garage now, the amount of times it's been off and on lol!

Only held on with 2 bolts I'm like a rally car mechanic when this thing comes into the garage, have the whole front end off in 5 mins. Could have the engine out in 2 hours if I wanted

UPDATE:

Really haven't kept this up to date recently so here goes.

For most this few months i have put more miles on the car however i developed a 4th gear synchro crunch. So two weeks ago i took the opportunity at taking the engine and gearbox out to sort a few niggles out as well.

-Fixed synchro ring
-Re routed the fuel lines
-Tidied up wiring and relocated fuse box
-Fitted new repadded clutch plate.
-Full service
-Bolt check
-Re-wrap the downpipe

Took about 4 days to complete the job, a day of this was spent fixing the gearbox and giving it a good service, all went quite well and the car drove fine. i also took the opportunity to make an upgraded lower dog bone mount to reduce the engine movement.

This essentially was preparation for mapping, this took place yesterday and the day went very well. Started by installing the 630cc injectors and forge actuator with 20psi spring. Then Chris @ EFI started his magic. Took a few pulls to setup the actuator (It was preloaded a bit to help it hold boost), at the end of the day it was producing 326HP and 305 Ft/Ib as I wanted to keep it torque limited. The last pull was a bit down on power at 321HP due to the ambient temps of 30C, so when cold I could see a increase of 5-10HP.

Wow, what can i say, this thing is now an absolute monster and is bloody involving. The clio box is taking it all in its stride and due to this it still regains the Clio's fun and playfullness driving characteristics. Even better B road basher now.

The car is still capable of more power of over 360HP but i wanted to keep it at this power due to the relatively unkown strength of the gearboxes.

IMG_20170529_214601_836_zpsalam2igu.jpg
20170605_193458_zpsnbfkmk3r.jpg

20170615_1249020_zps54hjd4ku.jpg
20170522_122414_zpsfzqhqtz3.jpg
20170521_194749_zpsdpepqmov.jpg

IMG_20170521_202150_886_zpsf5ssc7hk.jpg

20170518_182516_zps9vdryos9.jpg

IMG_20170518_214512_073_zpsu98xjzpj.jpg
IMG_20170617_200913_981_zpsybjxeoav.jpg 20170618_165725_zpskzufhwze.jpg

20170618_165621_zpszdzh3c1u.jpg

Have noticed a slight problem that the clutch master cylinder is leaking slightly but this will be replaced in the next few weeks, its only weeping slightly.

Thanks

Utter monster !

Nice to see and read about the updates too. Engine bays gets more impressive by the week....

No desire to fit a Meg box and up the wick ?

Awesome Steven.

You must be chuffed mate, all that hard work and it's paid off! If that were me I'd be really proud of them results!

Another superb update as always mate. Still blows me away how good your install is. And very impressive numbers. Love your suck it and see approach with the gearbox too. Helps when you can do the work yourself.

Fantastic car.

Great to see the car finally mapped with some brilliant results!

Car looks brilliant as always! Keep us updated - Would love to see some videos.

Thanks for the kind words, very happy with the result and has totally transformed the car. Its absolutely ballistic and catches some people out, Ill get some videos up sometime of the car on full chat.

I'l be updating soon don't worry, not much has happened on the car recently apart from a few things. I'l have to sort out the photobucket issue before posting as at the moment have no way of uploading photos.

Reactions: Pedro ramalho
I'l be updating soon don't worry, not much has happened on the car recently apart from a few things. I'l have to sort out the photobucket issue before posting as at the moment have no way of uploading photos.

As Pav said, the site uploader is very reliable!