Suggest a Wheel Cleaning brush to me ?

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
Hi guys,

Slightly embarrassed to say its the first exterior clean for a month here today. Yes you read that right !

I've always been a little loathed to use a wheel cleaning brush - for fear of scraping and scratching my as yet unmarked wheels.

But i'm guessing there must be really good / long brushes out there that wont mark my Speedlines......which i struggle to get to the back of the inside of; through the spokes with large'ish hands.

Help greatly received........ :smile:

Never bought into the brushes Shuv. I always take my wheels off and clean them with a non scratch Spontex pad you would use for your dishes. Seriously mate they do not mark your wheels. I use these when the wheels are pretty dirty or just a microfibre if not too bad. I know you will be shocked by this but they work a treat.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Never bought into the brushes Shuv. I always take my wheels off and clean them with a non scratch Spontex pad you would use for your dishes. Seriously mate they do not mark your wheels. I use these when the wheels are pretty dirty or just a microfibre if not too bad. I know you will be shocked by this but they work a treat.

Cheers Colin.

And how bloody ironic !

I spent 3 evenings up a ladder last week cleaning our White plastic fascia boards, windows, soffits, guttering etc on the house with a sponge. Which took some scrubbing after a few years i tell you. My wife suggested one of those pads - and i laughed at her saying 'It will scratch them to bits and once the dirt gets in to the scratches they will look awful" !!!!! :smile:

If doing a 'big' weekend clean on the car; getting the wheels off is fine. As it is i spend perhaps 3/4 to an hour on 4 wheels before i tackle the paintwork. Using just the small sponge part of a scouring pad for dishes.

I was looking for something that would speed-up a midweek clean. If i could get into the hard to reach bits a little easier i cant believe i couldn't knock this down to around 5 mins a wheel.

It was my birthday recently and the other half bought me a set of Wheel Woolies, a couple of days beforehand I had treated myself to a Gyeon Wheel Brush without her knowledge so I currently have both. They are all great when brushes and none of them will mark wheels, they are as soft as wash mitts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this one which I believe is a Meguairs one.

TOTAL SH*T

Bristles hardly remove any dirt and bendy thing in middle is well... too bendy!!

Just saying:grinning:

IMG_1052.JPG

i may also add that i dont let the wheels get in to a bad state in the first place :oops:

i also use a piece of cut down sponge and a small detailing real bristle brush as well to get in to those stupid and awkward places renault seem to make on the 19 inch wheels :jedi: