Sunstrip pictures..........

Agreed that does seem expensive! So the sunstrip needs to be 135mm in width? Mine doesn't feature rain sensors however presumably this doesn't effect the width required?

Mmmmm. Had a price back: Plain Matt Black sunstrip supplied and fitted locally £40.

Sounds a little expensive to me............

But that's fitted cost too.....to balance it out garage labour is usually what? £40 an hour on average? But this is more body work related so....for comparison Parker signs wanted £70 to put the gordini stripes on my racing blue 182. Stripes off eBay. So in perspective....not that bad?

To be honest I won this one on eBay so it was lucky it fitted at all! I may get one made later this year that's slightly deeper but havn't fully decided as it's a bit 'marmite' for a road car.

I'd also quite like a Michelin one but however working for the company I'd never hear the end of it from work colleagues lol. I've already had someone say "you just want a French car cos you work for a French company.

That's purely coincidence lol

Until i went out and had a look before work this morning.......i didnt realise how close to the top of the glass the windscreen wipers came.

Without any rubbage occurring the sunstrip is going to be like 80mm tall !

The other option is to have the strip fitted on the inside of the screen of course................

Agreed that does seem expensive! So the sunstrip needs to be 135mm in width? Mine doesn't feature rain sensors however presumably this doesn't effect the width required?

I'm all for everyone earning a living.

But typing in "Sunstrip fitting" on youtube brings up numerous videos of people fitting from start to finish in 2-3 minutes.

I make that....er....quite some hourly rate at £30 for the labour + £10 for some vinyl.

Reactions: LiamRS197
I'm all for everyone earning a living.

But typing in "Sunstrip fitting" on youtube brings up numerous videos of people fitting from start to finish in 2-3 minutes.

I make that....er....quite some hourly rate at £30 for the labour + £10 for some vinyl.
DIY Syer!!!

trim it while off the car and once on your windscreen,use a very sharp razor or a stanley knife to finish it of nicely..you will be fine..nothing can stop Syer in his endeavour :smiley:

Similar Thread Suggestions