Swapping Engine and ECU - Possible?

J90RDN

Paid Member
Hi - Have done a quick search and can't find anything relevant.

My engines on 113k and probably needs a belt and dephaser change. I've also put on a toyosport manifold, with K-Tec decat pipe and full exhaust. Because I have no cats it now needs a remap.

I'm thinking perhaps an easier route to take would be to swap out the engine for a lower mileage one where the belts and dephaser have been done and that's been remapped. I have the tools and knowledge to swap the engine easy and quickly enough, but what would need to be swapped out electronics wise (I'm thinking at the very least the engine ECU)?

I've found an engine local to me that has half the miles and a very similar build, and whilst I appreciate a custom map on my car would be better, if I bought the engine and ECU together then there would be very little difference (it also has a 2.5' exhaust with no cats).

Tbh i would always keep my own engine, despite the mileage etc. It might be an oil burner for the sake of it, who knows.

But to answer your question, the immobiliser data needs to be swappen over, efi-parts will be able to do this for you

Similar Thread Suggestions