Tarmac Rally 197

Hi Guys, just purchased a car to build into a budget tarmac rally car.
Interior stripped and cage getting installed as we type.
If anyone has any rally suspension , gearbox, diffs etc I'm interested
Andy 07801 749623

Hi Guys, just purchased a car to build into a budget tarmac rally car.
Interior stripped and cage getting installed as we type.
If anyone has any rally suspension , gearbox, diffs etc I'm interested
Andy 07801 749623

Welcome!

Too busy doing the build to take photos? :smiley:

Best of luck with the project, sounds a fun one!

Welcome to the site! I presume you'll be using R3 parts? If so, where do you plan on purchasing them from if you don't mind me asking?

IMG_2054.JPG Day one, cage is being dummy fitted then removed for painting etc. Hydraulic hand brake mount fitted etc
Roof scoop not being fitted as is off previous car but wanted to see what it looked like.

Nice. Interested to see how this one turns out!

And I actually like the scoop. Much better looking than the regular one.

Nice. Interested to see how this one turns out!

And I actually like the scoop. Much better looking than the regular one.
Its growing on me, not sure on the R3 one? It will never do an international rally so just might use what I have kicking around..

Its growing on me, not sure on the R3 one? It will never do an international rally so just might use what I have kicking around..

A scoop is a scoop. They're all going to be functional. I think it looks pretty good. Kind of Exigey.

convinced me, its going on and I can spend more on goodies. Stripping doors and dash down today as guy doing cage fit is on hols

Reactions: ///M
Looks like its going to be a great project.
Interested in pictures and info of what you remove regarding the interior and if it causes any faults etc.
I have recently purchased my 1st 197, which will be only for track day's. It already has rear half cage, Corbaeu seats and Scroth harnesses. So i will be watching you progress carefully and maybe pinching some ideas :smile:

Good to see some progress here mate. Big progress too.

What are the specs? Not sure the suspension looks standard... Any brakes and engine upgrades?

Looking good mate. Good luck for the rally.

Its on Bilsteins at the moment with standard height springs as need as much travel as possible for rallies. Saving up for Reigers which should have before first rally with a little luck.
Braided Fuel,brake lines inside,hydraulic handbrake with bias,sump /tank guard, windows,matter cage installed, air scoop,washer bottle moved,brake ducts,homemade exhaust,electric screen,heater removed,battery located in footwell,extinguishers etc all completed.
Thinking of urban camo for the vinyl design?

Reactions: ///M
Its on Bilsteins at the moment with standard height springs as need as much travel as possible for rallies. Saving up for Reigers which should have before first rally with a little luck.
Braided Fuel,brake lines inside,hydraulic handbrake with bias,sump /tank guard, windows,matter cage installed, air scoop,washer bottle moved,brake ducts,homemade exhaust,electric screen,heater removed,battery located in footwell,extinguishers etc all completed.
Thinking of urban camo for the vinyl design?

Sounds fantastic mate!

And urban camo would do the trick nicely I think!

Similar Thread Suggestions