Tearing my hair out over 6cd changer

I bought my 197 in march this year and have put up with the cabasse 6cd changer, but its starting to wind me up now. I have done the aux install on the underseat headunit/amp that works fine. But now as i love my bass have been feeling the urge to install a sub i have sitting round. The cabasse amp obviously has no rca outputs.... Was thinking of doing a line out converter install but cant find wiring diagrams anywhere. So my thinking now is to rip the whole lot out and replace with an after market head unit. But here lies the problem. All the wires go to under the seat and not to the facia where the cd changer is. Has anyone done this??? Euughh

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There are standard connectors behind the cd changer somewhere. Cd changer goes out, new headunit goes in, done! I, and a few other have done this.

Reactions: Ben Jones
There are standard connectors behind the cd changer somewhere. Cd changer goes out, new headunit goes in, done! I, and a few other have done this.
Oh great so i dont need to worry about extending cables from the underseat amp?? Man talk about over thinking everything [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I had my Cabasse torn out by John Kleis in Reading, they told me that it is all behind there, but it's an absolute ballache of a job. Gotta make sure everything is disconnected from the amp underneath the seat too.

I had my Cabasse torn out by John Kleis in Reading, they told me that it is all behind there, but it's an absolute ballache of a job. Gotta make sure everything is disconnected from the amp underneath the seat too.
No, there's no need to disconnect stuff from the amp, at least not if you're only swapping the CD-changer for a new headunit.

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A3003 via Tapatalk

08 car the dash unit is only 6 disc multichanger no audio but the speaker wiring goes there to plug into the speakers like a normal stereo I upgraded mine to this but made sure I fitted the matching speakers for the system they were significantly heavier that the std speakers/ tweeters. So it's like how hot you like your tea everyone's different so no problems using an after market head unit the dash has std connectors and make the sub thing straight forward and maybe benefit from Bluetooth, USB and AUX at the same time.
upload_2017-12-23_14-14-47.png
upload_2017-12-23_14-16-4.png