Tempermental gearbox

Mine does this too but I think it's normal as I remember this happening on other cars I've owned.

it is its called "engine shunt" - it moves due to torque from the engine moving it on its mountings - and the gearbox moves along with it as they are bolted together - the gear change mechinism will also move becuase if it didnt it would pull/push it out of gear !

Took the clio into the garage this morning to have the gearbox looked at. Got a call an hour ago and Renault have approved a new gearbox on warrenty, just like that - absolute result as I was expecting the usual excuses and bracing myself for a fight judging by experiences from people on here. Anyway the dealer said they were not allowed to open up the box to fix and have to return it back to France when the new one arrives.

Took the clio into the garage this morning to have the gearbox looked at. Got a call an hour ago and Renault have approved a new gearbox on warrenty, just like that - absolute result as I was expecting the usual excuses and bracing myself for a fight judging by experiences from people on here. Anyway the dealer said they were not allowed to open up the box to fix and have to return it back to France when the new one arrives.

result :thumbup1:

Noticed recently that my gearbox is a little notchy and more effort is required to change gear than before. My 200 is 5000miles old but it has been very cold here recently. The notchiness also seems to reduce once the car is warmer but it doesn't disappear completely.

Is the weather likely to have degraded the gearbox oil? Has anyone else experienced this recently?

I guess my options are to change the oil or take it into the dealer. I've never had a warranty before though so don't know if I should go straight to them or try and fix it myself!