Tempted by another

Spotted a Golf GTi 30 year edition....very nice....which got me thinking...and now I am very tempted by this car http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1323825.htm ......Obviously I would have to say good bye to the 197 Cup....and probably breaking poweer and a bit of handling......but the off set of more refinement might be worth it!!!

looks very nice mate,

the wifes new golf GT TDI 140 is a dream to drive tbh, the build quality of them is very good. she has full heated leather and sat nav, and the standard head unit is even better than the Alpine i have just apgraded to in the 197.

it looks good in red,

have you taken it out yet ?

They just look amazing! This is what i also considered but in the anthracite colour... But the 197 dragged me back.

Its a really good looking car.

i'd love one of these too, the tuning pertential is enormous! There are guys running over 340bhp and 380lb/ft torque! Nice :smile:

I would definitely go for the GTI E30 DSG :thumbup:

Was thinking of getting one, but was too expensive, now I'm sorry.

I like these too, but would always go for a manual. The DSG box isn't the best reliability-wise and it's usually a four figure bill if they do go wrong.

I would definitely go for the GTI E30 DSG :thumbup:

Was thinking of getting one, but was too expensive, now I'm sorry.

Just getting affordable (for me)...love my 197, but I am thinking I would like more solid build. My partner has a Golf Mk3 Cabrio.....done 90,000 miles and still feels tight, even though its a convertable.....this GTI would no doubt be as tight after 90k, something I doubt the 197 will be able to compete with.......and I think I'm getting to that sort of age where prestige counts over all out boy racer!!!

you will love the 2.0T engine, mines the lesser standard power block and they pull like a train. Tuned....its a different beast. Im sure what you lose on the bends you'll gain on the straights. Personally i'd spend on a higher spec standard GTi, newer and low miles and spend the difference on tuning.

DSG box is a cool bit of kit, perfect changes and makes driving such a breeze, tested it on a mk 6 GTI. Was talking to the audi salesman after i test drove a S3, brand new and was not that impressed, he almost swung it when he mentioned how little i would have to spend to get serious power hikes.