Thank You Gordini for breakfast

Hi Simon thank you for breakfast and your hospitality take care Kevin
It was an absolute pleasure Kevin. You, sir, are a true gent not only giving me your first aid kit but popping it over to me. Breakfast was the least I could do mate.

More importantly, thank you for the drive in the black beast (and for letting me drive it!) All I can say to the others reading this is that the 220T is a wonderful piece of kit. Not only does it look amazing in black (super shiny) but it drives awesomely. I can hand on heart say there is nothing my mk3 does better. If I hadn't sunk all the money I have into mine if have one in a heartbeat. If you haven't driven one please don't criticise the gearbox (like I used to). Not only was it great at choosing the right gear (not that it's a concern with the turbo engine) but the gear changes are incredibly quick and smooth, almost imperceptible. There is also a nice exhaust pop on change. In fact, I would say the thing that will stick with me most from that drive is how good the gearbox was. Brakes were also great too! :smile:

Thanks Kevin and great choice of car!!

Big man with a big heart is our Kev :smile:

Great little resume @Gordini !

I again will openly state and believe / well know that driving wise; the MK4's eclipse the MK3's in every department........

It was an absolute pleasure Kevin. You, sir, are a true gent not only giving me your first aid kit but popping it over to me. Breakfast was the least I could do mate.

More importantly, thank you for the drive in the black beast (and for letting me drive it!) All I can say to the others reading this is that the 220T is a wonderful piece of kit. Not only does it look amazing in black (super shiny) but it drives awesomely. I can hand on heart say there is nothing my mk3 does better. If I hadn't sunk all the money I have into mine if have one in a heartbeat. If you haven't driven one please don't criticise the gearbox (like I used to). Not only was it great at choosing the right gear (not that it's a concern with the turbo engine) but the gear changes are incredibly quick and smooth, almost imperceptible. There is also a nice exhaust pop on change. In fact, I would say the thing that will stick with me most from that drive is how good the gearbox was. Brakes were also great too! :smile:

Thanks Kevin and great choice of car!!
No problem very happy too

Reactions: Gordini