The Clio's replacement...

Airtec intercooler looks awesome sitting behind the front grill like that! Really like these Meg's - I think it's likely that'll be my next step once I've finished with the Clio.

Interested to see what you think of the AD08R's - always fancied trying these myself but between the fast wear rates and the colossal amount of wet weather we seem to have had in the UK in the last 12 months they've just never made sense.

Just some photos taken by a friend the other week with a 275 Trophy R. This car has since been traded into a Lotus dealer down the south of England and I'm sure will be up for sale soon if anyone is in the market for one!

0c856069ffefe21ed5e1b2e27e5fed45.jpg

0fe651e6a1dcb32ba8df2f8a65e9cbe5.jpg

e921ac3ef1df56d73d44d6d7747daa70.jpg

d9e9461798213469ff51ad825fbc3dfe.jpg

dfd760617f1d1cd428e491c6b57dba0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crikey that should make a difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

has it rs monitor? you can measure intake temps

Absolutely superb photos!! I've always like these Meganes. They haven't really dated in my opinion and I came very close to buying one before I bought the Astra VXR. Interested to see what happens with the new Megane because surely they're overdue at this point. That said, I really think that they'll struggle to better the styling and handling of this because pitted against the J VXR, I always secretly knew that the Megane was the more competent in the twisty stuff.

Thanks for the comments guys.

We have come a good way since my last update!

1adb75f697d0fa4ad1d4ab0443a9c433.jpg

First up was a trip to RS Tuning. When buying the car a map was always on the agenda, and after getting the exhaust, FMIC etc fitted I made the trip across. Because of our fuel here in NI he wasn't able to map it to the same level as he would if the likes of 99ron was available. So instead it's mapped to around 310bhp on 97ron.

Next up was suspension, I've never been fussed on the idea of springs. They are too crashy and harsh for me, so I was in the market for Bilstein B14's. Lucky for me a set came up on Polish eBay! They had only covered 1000km and where in mint condition and at less than half the price new!

3d7ae5ae4e8c816d81d59049efaa2551.jpg

The first photo outside RS Tuning and the massive arch gap also made me want to lower it lol. I'm sure there will be much playing about with ride height over the next little while, but first impressions are very very good. Ride comfort isn't compromised, at all, in my opinion. Ride height is a lot better and the car just looks spot on now to me! Couple of photos;

b41a87b4fe1142e1128902aa4337d253.jpg

f7d78f5326ac6c3e3b1ae563addfe6e5.jpg

820d6eae74a5b36120c5e03e14d31119.jpg

I would like to say I'm finished but I really need to change the front pads (at the very least) as they brakes are shocking due to pads being seized. They have since been serviced but the braking is still awful. Will probably opt for CL RC5+.

Great update Eddie!

Hope your pleased with it.

See what you mean about the arch gap, fistable lol!! Much better with the B14s, such a great kit, love mine.

Great stuff Eddie, I like the way it looks on the coilies! Does it feel a lot better to drive then after the remap?

Very happy with it thanks guys!

The Bilsteins are a great piece of kit! Plus the car sits a hell of a lot better lol.

As for the remap it does feel better to drive and the extra torque is great. I haven't really driven it on too much since having it mapped as I haven't had a chance but it definitely goes well!

Well guys, still loving the Megane and have booked a trip away to Europe next month along with [MENTION=2996]nutnutwelshman[/MENTION].

We are heading to the Ring and then the Renaultsport owners day at Spa. This will be my first time on track in the Megane and I'm thoroughly looking forward to it. I've got some DS2500 pads ready to be fitted and will have it services aswell before I go.

Along with that I have treated it to some Streamline carbon bits (I will fit all the bits except badges as they are for a 250).

f2963a8bf41ba028c33e98a466d1f81c.jpg

76cd07b3e7f7d192d3b27799c817b845.jpg

I had also a voucher to use for paintwork enhancement along with ceramic coating (GTechniq Crystal Serum). I had this applied in June and must say the results are fantastic, so good that I have sold the majority of my detailing products as the ceramic coating has a 5 year guarantee!

Some pics;

82e79841f1b051e58782c9a2b91ed929.jpg

83c9617b664396cb35532761e4f5e56b.jpg

eea15324ccc11fe6c4531869f6a98bb0.jpg

dcf50ddaebb77b79de942647d468d1f7.jpg

That is looking very nice Eddie, lovely! Hope you enjoy the Euro getaway - nothing like a good trip to really enjoy the car!

Looks great that Eddie! Ceramic coating does sound tempting coming from that review. Without the voucher what sorts of costs can you expect?

That is looking very nice Eddie, lovely! Hope you enjoy the Euro getaway - nothing like a good trip to really enjoy the car!

Cheers buddy. I really wanted to do the trip in my Clio but never got round to it, just thought with doing the work to the Megane it would be rude not to drive it to the best of my abilities lol.

@eddie not long now car looks stunning it's the best colour but iam very biased to OG

Looking forward to it fella!

Looks great that Eddie! Ceramic coating does sound tempting coming from that review. Without the voucher what sorts of costs can you expect?

Cheers Chris! It's brilliant, quick rinse off and it looks as good as new. I top it up once a month with Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer just to keep it looking slick but in truth it probably doesn't need it. The cost is dictated by GTechniq which makes it quite expensive but along with the enhancement detail it came to £395. Expensive enough but will be worth it in the long run!

Similar Thread Suggestions