The Definitive What Wheels Thread...

Gents, I am wondering if any of the OEM wheels are a bit lighter than my 197 sport wheels? From the first page I am thinking 197 sport alloys and 197 cup alloys are the same, bar colour and the same with the 200 sport and 200 cup alloys? Any other similar OEM alloys that are lighter? I cant afford to spend lots, Id love a set of Ultraleggera's.

Pic of my pride and joy!
IMG_20170702_194036_973.jpg

Reactions: Sean197
I've replied to your question on fb - after i posted the list of weights there Doogle. And as i said - i got the list from here :smile:

I'd think the "Renault Cup" weight quoted; refers to the 8j Cup Racer Speedlines........

(For reference - list is below):

7.5x17 wheels:

Renault Sport 10,1Kg
Renault Speedline 10,1Kg
Renault Cup 9,1Kg
Renault Silverstone 10,7Kg

Platin 8x17 8,9Kg
Sparco Assetto Gara 7,5x17 8,6Kg
ATS GTR 8x17 8,5Kg
Motec TA-082 8,0x17 8,3Kg
Team Dynamics Race 7,5x17 8,1Kg
OZ Ultraleggera 8,0x17 7,74Kg
OZ Allergerita 8,0x17 6,98Kg

Motec Nitro 8,0x18 8,9Kg
OZ Ultraleggera 8,0x18 8,0Kg
OZ Allergerita 8,0x18 7,72Kg

Hope that helps.......

I've replied to your question on fb - after i posted the list of weights there Doogle. And as i said - i got the list from here :smile:

I'd think the "Renault Cup" weight quoted; refers to the 8j Cup Racer Speedlines........

(For reference - list is below):

7.5x17 wheels:

Renault Sport 10,1Kg
Renault Speedline 10,1Kg
Renault Cup 9,1Kg
Renault Silverstone 10,7Kg

Platin 8x17 8,9Kg
Sparco Assetto Gara 7,5x17 8,6Kg
ATS GTR 8x17 8,5Kg
Motec TA-082 8,0x17 8,3Kg
Team Dynamics Race 7,5x17 8,1Kg
OZ Ultraleggera 8,0x17 7,74Kg
OZ Allergerita 8,0x17 6,98Kg

Motec Nitro 8,0x18 8,9Kg
OZ Ultraleggera 8,0x18 8,0Kg
OZ Allergerita 8,0x18 7,72Kg

Hope that helps.......

Thanks Syer, helps alot now you have explained it. Maybe its best to save a bit if I want to go down that route! I'm thinking unsprung weight is the best weight to lose, it should help with everything a little bit then.

Thanks Syer, helps alot now you have explained it. Maybe its best to save a bit if I want to go down that route! I'm thinking unsprung weight is the best weight to lose, it should help with everything a little bit then.

No huge amount to be saved if limiting yourself to OEM buddy your'e right !

I know saving almost 3kg per corner (17" Ultraleggera's over standard Renault alloys is going to make a difference but is it a noticeable difference?

I know saving almost 3kg per corner (17" Ultraleggera's over standard Renault alloys is going to make a difference but is it a noticeable difference?

Can imagine shed be rather light on her feet after loosing all that weight on each corner!

Not just noticeable, it's a HUGE difference. When ours first went on I was amazed what a difference it made. It's not just unsprung weight, it's also rotational mass. It's the very best place to lose weight on a car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doogle
Not just noticeable, it's a HUGE difference. When ours first went on I was amazed what a difference it mate. It's not just unsprung weight, it's also rotational mass. It's the very best place to lose weight on a car.

What did you go for? With british roads like they are I'd be worried about damaging them far too easily.