The future of POTM ! YOUR vote counts.

What direction should POTM take ?

• 1. To continue to have a pre-chosen subject matter every month.

• 2. Alternate between pre-chosen subjects and an completely open theme.

• 3. Keep every month as a completely open theme.

• 4. Something else (Please expand upon your thoughts in this thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Although not yet entered due to finding the time to go out and take a pic (got a great one in mind), i like the idea of alternating the months. Still have your set rules (has to be new that month, has to show so much of the car, maybe a night time shoot/daytime shoot). This is the first POTM I've seen due to being new but i like what i see and i'll definitely take part if/when i get a bit of free time to take a pic.

Do people really buy calendars anymore? I buy one for my mum at xmas, but she is 80!...

Maybe a poster or wall art of some kind with all the winners from each month? Just some way of displaying some of the top notch photos that win...

Although not yet entered due to finding the time to go out and take a pic (got a great one in mind), i like the idea of alternating the months. Still have your set rules (has to be new that month, has to show so much of the car, maybe a night time shoot/daytime shoot). This is the first POTM I've seen due to being new but i like what i see and i'll definitely take part if/when i get a bit of free time to take a pic.

I've got a fantastic shot in mind myself but it's a 2 hour drive...need a good excuse to go and do it!

Just to throw a bit of a spanner into the calendar works, as we’ve been down this road before, it’s very finicky to get the right pictures at the right resolution and pixels for them to be used. We had this for the forum calendar before and basically only pics taken on a very good quality camera were able to be used.

At least that might have been that particular supplier of calendars, can’t speak for all! Just something to bare in mind!
I rest my case. :wink:

I think the home page should show case the previous months winner.
i also think its a shame the facebook page is dead as a dodo....

We actually were able to do this on the previous forum software - there was an easy option to get the photo up, and this was part of the 'prize' for the winner each month. However since it's changed, we don't have a 'homepage' to feature things like this....

Also, we have tried to revive the forum social media with the CS admins, but haven't had much joy....

Reactions: jamesgw200
Just a thought on how to showcase the winner, could the pic be used to create the forum logo at top of the page. Each month a different featured winner, their pic along with the clio197.net/200.net logo?

Just a thought on how to showcase the winner, could the pic be used to create the forum logo at top of the page. Each month a different featured winner, their pic along with the clio197.net/200.net logo?

Another great idea Nathan, thank you very much for the suggestion.

It's becoming clear that POTM does have scope to be bigger, with a lot more than can be done for the winners each month. We will take everything on board and look to implement things in the future, wherever possible.

Keep it coming!

For the calendar idea, not wishing to poo poo the idea, but the pictures need to be proper hi res photos. If they're not, the finished result on the calendar doesn't look so good. So iirc, that rules out the phone pics - but don't quote me on that!

@Nik is the man with all the details on this as we have a calendar over on cs.

You should be fine with phone pics. You can take a pic on a old 4mp digital camera, and it'll print fine at A4. No bigger though.

I personally enjoy the themes. I spend quite a while thinking about it. I can honestly say, I've never entered an old pic. It's a great excuse every month to get the camera out. I've been entering these POTM comps since October 2013 lol.

Maybe we could have some posts sometimes of, "theme ideas for POTM" to help you guys think of ideas.

Last edited:
I personally enjoy the themes. I spend quite a while thinking about it. I can honestly say, I've never entered an old pic. It's a great excuse every month to get the camera out. I've been entering these POTM comps since October 2013 lol.

Maybe we could have some posts sometimes of, "theme ideas for POTM" to help you guys think of ideas.

Good idea Lewis, we'd be very happy to take suggestions for themes. We always have some lined up, but hearing what you guys would like to see would be a great help!