The wonders of modern delivery!

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
So I had a friend who called me out of the blue last week and said "look, Mike, I need this package of gifts sent to my friend in Miami, but it needs to be there ASAP, how much and when can you do it for?"

So I consulted my "Friends and Family Shipping Tarrif" at work (UPS) and it looked like it would work out to be about £70 for a 40KG box (lord knows what was in it, books and car parts lol!) - I assumed it would be a two day service - so Thursday it would get there (X-Mas Eve)

So I picked up the package from this person in my van at about 19h00 on my way back to our depot, filled in all the relavant paper work and paid up.

Next day, when I got back from work in the evening, I got a text off this friend to tell me that his package had been delivered at 08h30 in the morning!!!!! NEXT DAY!!!!

I am shocked that it is possible to do that, I have known that it was possible to get stuff to New York next day, but Miami?!?!?!?!

Anyway, a pointless waste of 5 minutes for you, but thought i'd share his pleasure with you Merry XMas and Happy New Year :smile:

Mike

i world in that industry and got to admit it is 50 - 50 on weather MIA ( Miami ) is next day, asuming they pushed it through asap due to xmas

Modern day delivery can be quite quick via courier, but also can be a pain in the ar*e eh? lol!

Im waiting on documents coming in from the royal snail! grr!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wallace New Members 4
stuthc New Members 19
Mike General Chat 23