Thinking of moving to a Trophy

Leeg320

Gold Member
Hi, I know that the 220 is a fair improvement by what I have read. Has any one driven both the 200t and the 220? I'm really thinking about upgrading to not only enjoy the extra power etc but I wish I'd had leather seats and rear sensors added when I bought mine. Would it really be worth chopping in the 200t for these extras. Probably looking about 5k to change.

For me the 220T is such a massive improvement over the 200t the steering the front end turns in so much better just a more evolving car to drive

Cheers chaps. Reckon I'll ponder for a bit and go take a tar drive. only that will tell me if its worth the extra outlay I suppose

Don't forget that the latest 200t's now come with slightly more torque (20Nm I believe), the shorter throw paddles and the improved gearbox map from the Trophy. Plus if you are really lucky and get one of the very latest ... you will get the revised gear selection lever (this one at least looks a little less phallic).

Much as I've enjoyed my time with the 200t. I'm quite looking forward to my next motor (Focus ST3 ... Race red with the 19in black wheels), hopefully arriving in the next couple of weeks. Just got to try and remember what that stick in the middle is really meant for :drool:

Don't forget that the latest 200t's now come with slightly more torque (20Nm I believe)

They only have 20Nm of torque? That's only just under 15lb/ft LOL And some people think the F4R is gutless :rofl: I'm assuming you mean 20Nm more than before lol

They only have 20Nm of torque? That's only just under 15lb/ft LOL And some people think the F4R is gutless :rofl: I'm assuming you mean 20Nm more than before lol

Indeed.

260Nm rather than 240Nm.

Lost in translation, as they say :giggle:

Indeed.

260Nm rather than 240Nm.

Lost in translation, as they say :giggle:
Mines going in for the spoiler recall on Friday, the dealer also said any engine/gearbox software will be updated also. Would be nice to think it came back with that extra 20Nm?!

Mines going in for the spoiler recall on Friday, the dealer also said any engine/gearbox software will be updated also. Would be nice to think it came back with that extra 20Nm?!

Unluckily... Dream on ☺

The extra torque etc. Is only available on the later euro6 complient cars (different turbo among other changes) . Its not just a re-map.
But if you want more power, then there are a number of third part companies out there that can help you out. RS Tuning probably being the most respected. Though that's obviously your Renault warranty down the toilet.

Enjoy your motor. That's what it's about ☺

Last edited:
Wow, this really has been on your mind hasn't it?
Congrats, what colour have you gone for? Is it one of the new ones?

Wow, this really has been on your mind hasn't it?
Congrats, what colour have you gone for? Is it one of the new ones?
It certainly has! I've gone for standard glacier white. It is one if the new ones. It's got leather interior, monitor, bose sound system, Akrapovic exhaust which did sound sweet in the test drive btw. Think I got a relatively good deal on it.