To loud for track?

Bedford is a nightmare track for noise. I did it few months ago in the clio and got called in for exceeding drive-by noise limits. At the time mine had a toyo manifold, and full K-Tec sport exhaust with decat. Also had a CDA induction. Bloke said that by the end of the day nearly 3/4 of the cars had been pulled for noise. 2 actually went home within an hour of the day starting!!!

The trick is to try and avoid the 4 sound meters round the track. I did this by finding out where they were, and short shifting and driving as far away from them as possible. For 2 of them this means off the racing line. When I did this I didn't get pulled again, then half hour before the end of the day I just pinned it for the fun of it.

I have not come across another track as strict as Bedford, so think you'll be fine everywhere else.

I'm back at Bedford on Monday with a K-Tec manifold and an R3 induction system. I don't expect it will be any quieter, so I'll probably be short shifting and swerving all over the track again!!

My fear is that this will become common practice at tracks soon. Let's hope not.

thanks for this, how did you get on?

I seriously doubt you’ll have an issue Pav. Turbo nowhere near as loud as NA. Any idea what your dB is static?
Not sure how accurate the apps on my phone are but it said 67db static..will try 4,000 rpm today and see what it's like...

Who's got what app then? Seems to be a few floating around!

@J90RDN
Where are the mics located at Bedford exactly pls?

+1, my scorpion system seems to be getting a little louder the longer it's been in...:excited:

Yeah, done about 4k now, Andy fitted it at the end of July!

I was told by a friend I spat a flame last night too...:chris2:

I thought after sooting-up they usually become slightly quieter over time ? Especially stainless systems.

#carparkhero #flamer

The night-time Halfords car-park crew are gonna love you......

Reactions: Benno
I thought after sooting-up they usually become slightly quieter over time ? Especially stainless systems.

#carparkhero #flamer

The night-time Halfords car-park crew are gonna love you......

Just need a RollHard sticker to cover the entire of my rear windscreen and I'm sorted.

That's what I thought about it, had my mechanic look underneath the other week and he couldn't see anything suspect to say it was blowing or anything...

Just need a RollHard sticker to cover the entire of my rear windscreen and I'm sorted.

That's what I thought about it, had my mechanic look underneath the other week and he couldn't see anything suspect to say it was blowing or anything...

Yours been mapped Ben ?

I get a few pops-n-bangs now and then. And always a ‘mini machine-gun’ when coasting in gear and foot off throttle coming down to about 1200rpm for a couple of seconds.

But flames - no. That’s some proper over-fuelling there. In a good way !

Reactions: Benno
Yours been mapped Ben ?

I get a few pops-n-bangs now and then. And always a ‘mini machine-gun’ when coasting in gear and foot off throttle coming down to about 1200rpm for a couple of seconds.

But flames - no. That’s some proper over-fuelling there. I’m a good way !

Yeah! Andy did it all same day!

Same as you with the 'machine-gunning', but last night I came down the revs, it started popping and then one very loud bang! I was like a child at Christmas hearing it believe me!!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Yeah! Andy did it all same day!

Same as you with the 'machine-gunning', but last night I came down the revs, it started popping and then one very loud bang! I was like a child at Christmas hearing it believe me!!

That’s interesting yours is the same on the machine gunning having been mapped by the same guy at the same place....

Thought I had a leak in the system at first. Even had it up on ramps and got it checked out !

A trait of Andy’s mapping / preferred fuelling I guess...