Today was pretty crap

dulevo666

Paid Member
Set off this morning at 05.00 to go to milton keynes just passing bedford exit on the m1
the turbo on my trusty renault van shook a six then limp mode
turned around and headed home 150miles at 50mph
70 miles later the aircon packs up as well
van now in shop waiting for a turbo thats coming wednesday
was going to cheltenham on wednesday to deliver a machine so now going thurs
was going to redruth thurs so now fri
aircon won't be fixed till at least next week so fri means a round trip of 730 miles/12hrs driving in this heat can't wait

To be fair it's been a great van 13 plate 210k had a front wheel bearing last year & a fuel tank at 6mths due to a crack
its the only renault in the fleet all the rest are vito's & most of them have had alot more problems
But on the upside i came home in the clio tonight after having the aircon recharged on sat morning so at least i was cool on the drive home

Reactions: Big Ben and Sean197
More bad luck for someone on the forum, hopefully it's not the start of a trend :grimacing:

Sounds like you've got a plan in place to get things sorted out, although that will be a very long day! I think the temps are going to go down after tomorrow though....

I live in N/E Scotland,and down South recently, the Bleeding aircon packed up. It looks to have been hit by something when I was on track. Pipe is on the way from France. Why do these things go wrong, on a hot summers day?. Sods law I suppose.

Good news
got a call from renault at lunch time saying my turbo had arrived
so off i went to pick it up
there were a couple of people waiting so i went for a mooch in the show room
now i'm not a big fan of the mk4 but sitting there was two clio rs a std looking white one & next to it a silver trophy with akra's
the first thing i could think of was wow what a fantastic looking motor
the second thing was will they take a kidney as payment
back in the real world turbo now fitted & i'm back on the road

Reactions: Jimmy