top speed of 197

turbo would give it 30 - 40 more hp and a top speed of around 160 - 170 u might have to look into a wider ratio gearbox for this though possibly a megane gearing something along those lines. Im currently looking into it myself seeing if its feasible

I think with the final ratio on the box its good for is 152mph at 7500 I cant remember if thats the first gear box or second though.

I personally think the top speed of it should be lower, either that or have shorter 1-5 for quicker acceleration and 6th being tall like an overdrive.

i agree the 197 gearbox is very short. Ive had new gearbox and clutch from renault under warranty so maybe they threw in a 200 box lol

In reality it only needs the first 4 ratios short and a much taller 5 and 6th with a revised final drive ratio.
A 200bhp car should top 155 with the right gearing.

A 200 with cup spoiler struggles after 125(GPS speedo reading 135+) I saw 141(GPS) on the autobahn but that was very downhill and WOT with max commitment no way that could be achieved on a flat the clio just does not have the power or aero to do it

ON the Autobahn in Germany I managed to get 130MPH out of little Roo, and she still had more poke, but I was just too scared to go any faster lol!

Your additional top end power will greatly improve the top speed,just be careful going for long ratios as it could hurt acceleration and driveability,after all how often are you going to do top speed runs??I think 200 ratios would be spot on for your setup even if you do the turbo route.

Very few road cars produce actual downforce!spoilers on road cars just prevent lift giving greater stability.cup spoiler will hurt top speed somewhat due to the extra aerodynamic drag it creates