Trackday Apps

Bloody hell looks complicated , I have bother down loading videos from my two go pro cameras , don't know why I bothered buying them tbh , oh yeah u so ?? I wrote it off in company expenses lol

Complicated?

Eh, you download the app, you download the track so it knows when to start and stop the video, afterwards you click to overlay the data.

how more simple do you want it to be?

if you are using multicam the app obviously needs the 2 videos for it to overlay the multicam video.

and if you are wanting obd data you obviously need a obd reader it can talk too and your cars details.

you don't actually touch the device at all after turning it on and setting it up, it know where you are and it triggers the video to start and stop.

it can't get any easier for £10-£15.

******NOTE******

For a simple walk through of the app and a simple guide on how to create your own tracks i wrote a quick start guide

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?32508-Harry-s-Lap-Timer/page2

For those on i devices wanting obd data then

for the OBD via bluetooth, you either have to go point bt1 which is around £100,
OBDLink Scan Tool around £75 or PLX Kiwi 2 wifi again at around £100 but if you go the wifi route heat may be an issue.

I ALWAYS have aircon gently blowing on the screen to help combat it even tho i don't use wifi.

the only CHEAP way is to jailbreak your iPhone and then buy a £3-£5 app (roqyBT7) and a free add on roqyOBD7 that allows you to use a £10-£20 bluetooth obd reader. i use ONE OF THESE.

you then add custom settings to HLT, plug the reader in, start the car, open the app roqyBT7 connect to the obd and then open HLT.

i did a video on how to do it

[video=youtube;RWwWE8m19Rg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWwWE8m19Rg[/video]

It's me mate I don't get on with aps for this that an another , the amount of lap tops I have thrown is in double figures , same as phones , do my box in , bring back rotor arms and pinto engines , lol yep I am victor meldrew of the pc world mate . Dies look good though

It's me mate I don't get on with aps for this that an another , the amount of lap tops I have thrown is in double figures , same as phones , do my box in , bring back rotor arms and pinto engines , lol yep I am victor meldrew of the pc world mate . Dies look good though
Yes baby me toooooooooooooooo

No I hear you there but for a few quid it's excellent value for money and if you do timed events it gives you graphs for braking points, speed through corners etc so you can go back and see where you lost time etc

You can also film in the background so you simply have time in big numbers and it displays if you are up and down on your fastest lap.

It's far, far more than a video app

No doubt see u on a track this year mate , I dontu d paying for it as it does look good , but I've got a go pro 2 and 3 hd and I've had them ages , ain't down loaded a single video as well it's all chicken soup !!!'

Struggling for track time tbh, only day I have booked atm is donington on the 8th of May. Can't get to any of the official RS days either.

I may jump on the evening at Bedford depending on my shifts but I'll have to do it through JT as it will be a few hours notice, 24 tops.

With Track Addict you just press record. It knows what track you are at. I have both Harrys lap timer and Track Addict and Harrys lap timer is too much hassle. All I want to do is press record. Sorry to bash Harrys lap Timer but it is not as good as Track Addict in my hands. Track Addict have very good customer support as well. It you want something adding they will add it and issue an update for everyone.

RaceChrono looks a good option for Android users (according to my mornings Google searching). Gotta decide if it's worth investing in an OBDII reader, apparently the cheap clones are a bit flaky? I think the onboard GPS on the phone should suffice though?

I dont think any of them allow you to take an external video though as the only source and then overlay. Harrys LapTimer only works with GoPro because they have opened the API's out to 3rd parties, so it can be fully automated in sync with the overlay. Pretty smart actually and would make me consider buying a GoPro but HLT currently as sync issues on Android or something?

HLT has only just come to market on android but updates are coming out every few days. I lost count on the beta release numbers but we tested something like 30 improvements.

The issue with android Vs iOS is Apple tightly control everything and devices are standard across the range so will always be less buggy.

As for feature requests and issues you can get very fast free support direct from Harry at http://www.gps-laptimer-forum.de/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=2f011fc992ece0958d67f2adc54a74c8

HLT started out as that, just a timer and is now in V18.0 such has been it's progress and development.

Only once has he added a new level of application but when that happened (into of GP version) all the previous versions were stepped up so an affect you got a free upgrade to the next level e.g. Timer became rookie, rookie became petrolhead and pro became GP version.

So my experience of HLT..

Well first of all.

I have Samsung Galaxy S4.. my network is 3G and I get 4G service. I had unlimited download data and my mobile data and gps was on. HLT said I had 11 satelites receiving. So set everything us. Everything's fine, do my warm up lap, cross the start finish for the first time. The app begins recording times, starts giving me sector times etc. I then pass the start finish again but it continues to record as though Im on the same lap? So my lap time was like 9 minutes before I was in the pits and turned it off.. it did this everytime I went out..

Was I doing something wrong? Not impressed..

Is your best time 3.07.68 ?

I have no idea.. I ran it for 2 sessions in the morning and because it would tell me a lap time I stopped using it.. I was lapping around those times in the morning on the stop watch though. How did you find that? My username is WDe if that helps?

Just loaded up HLT and yes that is my reference lap time. As I said when I was out on track, it didn't give me a lap time it just kept ticking over. Id assume it would give a lap time and then reset each time?

I watched you on track mate, it should display the laptime yes.

It must have been timing you to show sectors.

If you click online from the menu you can log into the server and watch people on track.

Watched it at the time? Hmmm think i need to have a bit more practice fiddling around with it.

I just went online and it says only my laptimes on the lap list I swear.