Trackspec Clio 197

Today and yesterday I managed to fit the race battery and run all new cables from inside the car. Some pics to come tomorrow.

Today I finally fitted the V6 airbox and it looks pretty good in place. It sounds a lot quieter than the Ktec induction.

FCDA42B8-5E22-4BE7-8C52-7B86BDC3ADE1_zps2i9rwdnd.jpg

Also had to refit my CAT to conform to racing regs. Gutted! But at least I'll be above board.

Photos to come tomorrow!

Reactions: suj and Sean197
Good weekend at Rockingham Sprint.
BE4C9807-D183-4D57-8A2A-C982D8DCE9E3_zps0viv3irg.jpg
0FA983AA-3093-46CB-892D-16C386FFEB87_zpsytpjxshv.jpg

Results write up.
First practice went well and sat me 1st in class with a 90sec lap, with the second practice ending with a slower 91sec which put me in 3rd. After lunch we ran the first of the competitive runs and I ran a 87sec lap which put me back to 1st in class. The last run I ran a 88sec lap and finished 4th in class just outside of the podium. The main issue was getting the car off the start line, every time I found it would bog down despite being gently on the throttle. To put this is context from 0-64ft I was significantly slower than every other car in my class. This resulted in my competitors having around 1.5 seconds on me by 64ft meaning that I had to not only find the quickest time but also try to claw back the additional 1.5 seconds lost.

The car suffered from wheel spin all day so the diff has got to go in before the next event.

In all I'm pleased with how it went. If I could lose some weight in the car and get the box fitted it should definitely see some podiums this year.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like:

1. With a bit of tweaking you could do very well indeed.

2. Your a very modest chap :smile:

Many congrats on 4th though. Giving away 1.5 seconds to 64ft and STILL managing that is quite something.

Keep the write-ups coming :smile:

Reactions: trackspec197
Sounds to me like:

1. With a bit of tweaking you could do very well indeed.

2. Your a very modest chap :smile:

Many congrats on 4th though. Giving away 1.5 seconds to 64ft and STILL managing that is quite something.

Keep the write-ups coming :smile:

Thanks

great results if you ask me..just dont be too gentle on the throttle and you will be right..
well done!!thumbs up

Well when I say gentle! :wink: lol First practice and there was just too much wheel spin so slightly feathering the throttle saw a slight improvement. I suspect it may need another remap to accommodate the modifications to the airbox and inlet porting. The flyby wire doesn't help either on these. A set of ITBs would help! :wink:

Great report, a good first run out, it's fine to be on the back foot being so early on, you will then improve easily (from your vids you are a very good driver), it's all learning I guess :smile:

It might be worth looking into a Sprintbooster, as it will help rev matching with heel and toeing, and will help overall with throttle response.
I thought it was a gimmick until I bought one, it is night and day difference mate.

Ever thought giving javelin track day sprint series a go? They have facefuck group page, seem quite friendly lot. Hoping to pick this series up in the mid year.

Ever thought giving javelin track day sprint series a go? They have facefuck group page, seem quite friendly lot. Hoping to pick this series up in the mid year.

Yes mate but I wasn't that impressed by the mix of venues to be honest. The track day calendar covers a good span across the country but their sprint series focuses on quite limited venues all of which are miles away from me.

Great report, a good first run out, it's fine to be on the back foot being so early on, you will then improve easily (from your vids you are a very good driver), it's all learning I guess :smile:

It might be worth looking into a Sprintbooster, as it will help rev matching with heel and toeing, and will help overall with throttle response.
I thought it was a gimmick until I bought one, it is night and day difference mate.

I've heard about those and wouldn't mind trying one out. The main issue I had was getting the power down which caused it to then bog down. The diff should help get it off the start line a little better.

Reactions: suj
I've heard about those and wouldn't mind trying one out. The main issue I had was getting the power down which caused it to then bog down. The diff should help get it off the start line a little better.

Well if you are ever near Northfield / Warwick (work) then give me a shout, you can test it out on my car (off, mild and race).
The newer ones have levels per mode too, so even more fine tuning.

Reactions: trackspec197
Well if you are ever near Northfield / Warwick (work) then give me a shout, you can test it out on my car (off, mild and race).
The newer ones have levels per mode too, so even more fine tuning.
Sounds interesting. Where do you buy them from?