Trackspec Clio 197

Would these effect a car with a custom remap?

I've read on here, the map doesn't change throttle response, so could still be worth investing in.
@Yiannis197 has his mapped and has a Sprintbooster (I'm pretty sure he has).

I keep it off for daily driving, then a country road appears and I put it on "sport", never needed race...yet lol.

Sorry for spamming your thread Matt.

I've read on here, the map doesn't change throttle response, so could still be worth investing in.
@Yiannis197 has his mapped and has a Sprintbooster (I'm pretty sure he has).

I keep it off for daily driving, then a country road appears and I put it on "sport", never needed race...yet lol.

Sorry for spamming your thread Matt.
No problem. I may go for one at some point out of curiosity. I've heard good things though.

Reactions: Pav
Hoping to get the gearbox fitted next week ahead of the next event. Today decided to remove the rear diffusor mounts to tidy them up, then I got carried away and managed to take 400g off the pair lol.

0C44458A-6AA9-470C-A1F2-B05A188628E4_zpsiubxrcrg.jpg
97B7AAF4-8F10-4D2B-BA82-C11B3370D710_zpshbmzivxz.jpg
B1F51FBC-A195-429C-A7DD-5F7C553BFA74_zpskcf4znff.jpg
Not a great saving but they do look a lot better lol even though they're hidden.

I'm on the the hunt for weight saving so the carpet is next to come out and then I'm changing the bonnet and boot for fibreglass panels.

More updates shortly.

Reactions: suj
Another little treat for the Clio today. Since I've had to refit my cat to compete I have looked to buy a sports cat to replace the standard item. Fortunately I found a complete Clio cup race exhaust system for sale which included a sports cat with the straight pipe and got it for a great price!
C0CF0806-A0B5-4F49-B7BF-53EBBD2AC6DB_zpsu1xfol1q.jpg
This means my Ktec system will now be up for sale along with my de cat pipe. I'll put them up shortly.

Also managed to pick up a brand new pair of genuine Renault rear discs and bearings for £40! They were way too cheap to leave behind! This now means I can install some fresh CL RC5+ to the rear which should offer better brake balance across the car.
98EB56D1-AF53-40A6-896A-2F0EBC82FD8B_zpsb47pwzay.gif

Moved the car around 20ft from my drive to my rear garage and the new slave cylinder has exploded. Can't believe it. Literally just had the new gearbox and clutch kit fitted and it fails with no use. Must be a faulty part. @tombate911 did this happen to you recently?

Moved the car around 20ft from my drive to my rear garage and the new slave cylinder has exploded. Can't believe it. Literally just had the new gearbox and clutch kit fitted and it fails with no use. Must be a faulty part. @tombate911 did this happen to you recently?

Yes mate. Mine failed, replaced with twin LUK parts both either leaked or exploded with any sign of pressure, in the end I fitted a full clutch kit from Renault Parts direct. Gave the car a good kicking today and it was flawless all day long. Really annoying though it was taking the box in and out to finally get it right.

Yes mate. Mine failed, replaced with twin LUK parts both either leaked or exploded with any sign of pressure, in the end I fitted a full clutch kit from Renault Parts direct. Gave the car a good kicking today and it was flawless all day long. Really annoying though it was taking the box in and out to finally get it right.
Mine was a LUK kit too. So pissed off about it car was ready for Snetterton now start from scratch.

Mine was a LUK kit too. So pissed off about it car was ready for Snetterton now start from scratch.

I'd get a replacement from RPD Paul sorted me out next day. You won't need the full kit though but he'll do just the slave. Shame considering it's half a days work to take the box out and put it back in again!