Trackspec Clio 197

Finally some images from Blyton Park. After a bit of a disaster with the clutch pipe letting me down and then finally getting it fixed I decided to book a track day there and then to give it a proper shake down ahead of Snetterton on the 13th in the Midland Speed Championship round. The car was excellent all day with the combination of the new LSD and Slicks offering incredible grip levels. The only issue all day was the coil pack retaining bolt on cylinder number 4 came loose after the thread had stripped itself. Must have been from the previous owner over tightening it (since repaired with a helicoil). It was probably the fastest thing around the Eastern circuit all day even pushing a CF radical race car for 3 laps before having to go off for fuel. The car is all ready now for the next round and I'm confident it will be better than last time.

3C4A0681_zpsyygdbtbr.jpg
EN9I4182_zpstlortvfw.jpg
3C4A1488_zpsdeznsxrp.jpg
3C4A1490_zpsucphqruj.jpg
3C4A1589_zpspx0gdbmb.jpg

Videos coming real shortly.

Looks great, love the leg-cocking pics. Any plans for a stiffer set up or are you happy with what you have?

Reactions: trackspec197
Looks great, love the leg-cocking pics. Any plans for a stiffer set up or are you happy with what you have?
No mate I'm happy with the KW Clubsports. The chassis are stiff standard and it's easier to go too stiff which causes problems too for instance loss of traction, wet conditions etc. I wouldn't mind playing around with the rear camber and toe at some point but it's low on my list of things. It's easy to get carried away and spend half your life messing with trying to make minor tweaks where drivers of our levels will never even sense the difference. I'd sooner drive around niggles and work with what I've got to be honest. I've been there and done that and I can honestly say I never had as much fun as I've had now in this car.

I would however like more power lol.

In other news I invested in a large scale 3D printer as part of my business's development plans and have been prototyping a number of new bespoke parts for the Clio 3 RS which will be available for sale shortly. My background is in product design, engineering and manufacture so makes sense to use that. I'll post up some new developments shortly.

Don't forget to come and say Hi and possibly grab a passenger ride at FCS 2017. We have a garage stand and an all day pass to the circuit for rides.

Last edited:
sounds very interesting..what sort of things can be made with your printer???like a very comfy gear knob :tonguewink:

I use 3d software to design and test components. It's also possible to put models under false stress for QA purposes, where it really counts though is everything I've done is tested on my own cars. It is most definitely possible to make a more comfy gear knob mate, in fact I have actually modelled one to trial shortly. The 3d printer gives me the opportunity to create products for fitment purposes but all products will be manufactured with more suitable materials following trials etc.

There are currently around 10 products designed and a number printed for fitment. I should have some things to show at FCS if you're around.

Reactions: peter
this is no kidding very interesting..may be able to trial sell some stuff on here to see if our members would show any interest..i wasnt kidding about the gear know tbh..my new one from a used megane isnt very nice!!

this is no kidding very interesting..may be able to trial sell some stuff on here to see if our members would show any interest..i wasnt kidding about the gear know tbh..my new one from a used megane isnt very nice!!
Sounds like a plan to me!

Can you make the stuff shiny.......I like shiny Cnc stuff!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can make very shiny stuff lol

Looks like you was going really well mate!
Suspension must be good car looked planted.
No tyre squeal either. Impressed :grinning:

Ooh I bet they were thrilled:grinning:

That is a tight looking circuit. Plays to the clios strengths no doubt?

looks like you had a good time..all ok car wise??a bit of a tension there too :sweatsmile:
what was the driver in a blue car doing going so slow into the corners??

Ooh I bet they were thrilled:grinning:

That is a tight looking circuit. Plays to the clios strengths no doubt?
Eastern circuit is ideal for smaller agile cars, although the full circuit would be ideal too as it's still real small. Will be interesting to see what Ginetta do with it now since they've just bought it. Maybe this year will be the last track days allowed there again.

looks like you had a good time..all ok car wise??a bit of a tension there too :sweatsmile:
what was the driver in a blue car doing going so slow into the corners??

Yes mate, just a couple of minor issues with the number 4 coil pack bolt coming lose and a bit of brake fade. The final straight before the pits and running around 120mph into the tight 90plus and having to pump the brakes was scary at times lol.

The VW race car wouldn't get out of anyones way all day. Incredibly slow through the bends, wouldn't let you pass on the straights and was reckless and dangerous at times stabbing their brakes hard mid corner and when you least expected it (areas you wouldn't brake).

So last night me and a few mates went up to see a guy I know who has a rolling road. We took my Clio and my mates Megane R26, 2 x civic type R EP3 and a 182. All cars made expected power and mine was a bit of a pleasant surprise.

A91051B0-E4DF-40D0-BC76-2B51BDC41CCB_zpsjbihwbp9.jpg
B7C1B98D-98AD-478F-BF2B-B9BAEFDF0DEC_zpsu4i1vt09.jpg 39B880EE-9BA6-4242-93AD-B2AB13ED1C88_zpseje04zky.jpg

Mine made:
207.4bhp @7656r
151.77lbft Torque @5629rpm

That was with the Cup racer longlife exhaust system and sports cat, decat manifold, AC delete, ported inlet, remap and V6 airbox. I'm pretty pleased with that and the power would have kept climbing but it ran out of revs. I'm quite confident with that figure since the other cars ran consistent and expected figures so it can't be far off not that figures mean anything but it's running particularly well at the moment.

The mid range took the typical dip which is quite common with the F4R and the introduction of a set of 402 cams could help reduce that.

The Megane ran a consistent 267/260
Standard civics both made a very close 198/133
182 made 166/...

In all not a bad evening. Not many other updates at the moment but hopefully some big ones shortly!