Trackspec Clio 197

These are my exact thoughts at the moment. Keep my own engine with LSD and rebuilt gearbox and fit a turbo for a reasonable price. Emails a couple of places but never got a reply.
I've just had a poke around the net but nothing much came up . Does the 1.6 turbo lump fit ?

Yeah I have a set of wets too. No doubt I'll take them on every track day next year and it will be raining every time! haha good old British weather!

They will probably put more stress on the diff so will have to be careful there but I'm planning on fitting a Gripper this winter.

My next upgrades are along the lines of fitting a cage so I can safely run slicks on track days and combine that with a quaife diff. Did you say you was removing yours over winter?

Reactions: trackspec197
Yes mate. I am planning on having a diff fitted this winter as the slicks will ruin a standard diff. I'm thinking a full plate Gripper diff as I've used them in the past and know John @ Gripper.

Just got the car back from RS Four Ashes. Floyd the master tech there has done a great job on the car, funnily enough he's worked on the car quite a few times in the past and he knows Renault Sports inside out.

I had the 4-2-1 manifold and a new K-tech decat fitted along with the crackle, pop and bang map which sounds epic with the decat. The car has real drama to it now and a proper rasp when you open it out. While it was there Floyd also sorted my horn out and switched off the air bag lights. Very happy with the service.

SOUND CLIP!! https://www.instagram.com/p/BL9M2kah5ZG/

Reactions: DS197
Yes mate. I am planning on having a diff fitted this winter as the slicks will ruin a standard diff. I'm thinking a full plate Gripper diff as I've used them in the past and know John @ Gripper.

Just got the car back from RS Four Ashes. Floyd the master tech there has done a great job on the car, funnily enough he's worked on the car quite a few times in the past and he knows Renault Sports inside out.

I had the 4-2-1 manifold and a new K-tech decat fitted along with the crackle, pop and bang map which sounds epic with the decat. The car has real drama to it now and a proper rasp when you open it out. While it was there Floyd also sorted my horn out and switched off the air bag lights. Very happy with the service.

Do you have an LSD fitted at the moment? Or going straight for gripper?

Not in the clio but I've had plate diffs in my last few cars and like the way they behave.

Thanks! I didn't get a power output as it's a generic uploaded map to suite the spec. It's resolved the typical flat spot and pulls a lot better too. Looking forward to getting it back out on track on the 14th in Bedford. All I need now is a new set of brake pads the DS3000 are shot with only around 4mm left and they definitely wont see another track day out.

That sounds bloody brilliant! I'd be interested in a similar map myself to be honest, don't suppose you know how much Floyd is charging for this crackle, pop and bang map? :smile:

That sounds bloody brilliant! I'd be interested in a similar map myself to be honest, don't suppose you know how much Floyd is charging for this crackle, pop and bang map? :smile:

Have i wrongly heard (No pun intended) that this map can cause damage / isn't good for your engine..........

Have i wrongly heard (No pun intended) that this map can cause damage / isn't good for your engine..........

I heard something similar a while back mate, although I'd like to think that places like KTEC, RS Four Ashes, RS Tuning, EFI wouldn't provide the map if it was likely to cause damage, but that's just my view haha!

Reactions: trackspec197

RS Tuning won't do a crackle map if you still have the cat fitted, as it's unburnt fuel going into the exhaust which will wreck the cat's internals.