Trackspec Clio 197

Should hopefully have some footage sorted later today from yesterday at Bedford. The car ran faultless all day. There’s no way I’m selling it now! Was absolutely flying.
Major difference being boosted!
Overtaking on the straights is a nice novelty lol

Great day at Bedford on Saturday. The car ran faultlessly all day. Very pleased with the way the car is running and the added performance has helped a lot. The day started off very wet indeed with the track covered in quite a bit of standing water but as the day went on it gradually started to dry up. I ran Dunlop’s all day and they performed very well indeed despite the water. The temperatures remained stable throughout the day. The same could not be said for the brakes and tyres lol.

Here’s one of the videos from the last session of the day. Apologies it’s pretty long (I’m no good at editing) some good bits around 20mins in.

Next on the list is a new set of tyres, new CL RC6 pads, fit RC5+ rear pads and fit a new NS lower ball joint. I also managed to source a Scangauge off of eBay which should arrive this week.

Planning on booking another day perhaps the end of this month.

Decided to give the rear brakes an overhaul this morning. The calipers looked pretty good and the paint looked intact however on closer inspection it was clear that most of the paint had come away from the caliper with the other red paint falling off on touch.

DC35C828-FB36-461C-AC92-BF37DA42E6D2.jpeg

The pads were a little worse for wear as well but the discs were like new with hardly any wear at all.

3D4F2D16-D56C-4576-B256-49BE5F03CF05.jpeg

I cleaned the discs up and cleaned the calipers up too ready to give them a nice new coat of red paint. Really happy with the results.

I’ve fitted a new set of CL RC 5+ which I had on the shelf. These should offer much better brake balance from front to back since I’m running CL RC6 on the front.

B1B06C7B-FFF8-4B35-8566-479EF57539E9.jpeg

67F84398-8193-4F16-8472-2B6C7F288681.jpeg

Next job this month is to install a new lower ball joint on the NS.

Decided to give the rear brakes an overhaul this morning. The calipers looked pretty good and the paint looked intact however on closer inspection it was clear that most of the paint had come away from the caliper with the other red paint falling off on touch.

View attachment 122798

The pads were a little worse for wear as well but the discs are like new with hardly any wear at all.

View attachment 122799

I cleaned the discs up and cleaned the calipers up too ready to give them a nice new coat of red paint. Really happy with the results.

I’ve fitted a new set of CL RC 5+ which I had on the shelf. These should offer much better brake balance from front to back since I’m running CL RC6 on the front.

View attachment 122800

View attachment 122801

Next job this month is to install a new lower ball joint on the NS.
What length studs are you using?
Do you sell them?

What paint did you use Matt?

Need some for the Golf as the new calipers came through silver instead of red.

What length studs are you using?
Do you sell them?

I can't remember off the top of my head Ben but I can measure one for you. No I don't sell these they were off ebay. They've been on the car for a good while now and i've used the same design previously and they are more than up to the job.

What paint did you use Matt?

Need some for the Golf as the new calipers came through silver instead of red.
It's heat resistant brake paint Mark. Thankfully I had a tin on the shelf and the finish was better than I thought.

Reactions: Big Ben and Mark_L
If you could mate I’d appreciate it. Ktec sell 68 or 90mm. I don’t use spacers so guessing 68