Tutuur's Big turbo Clio R27

nice line up//all fits perfectly..good luck with this mate...watching it with interest..:thumb:

Looking good. Perfect size and the slash cut tips are very nice indeed. Hope we get to hear it as some point.

Finally managed to free up some time to work on the Clio again.

Exhaust system nearly finished now, just need to have the v-bands welded by someone who knows what he's doing as they warp like crazy when not doing it properly.

7FA01FAD-9C29-4B94-BC33-D5EFE68CB00B_zpsge8fhyt2.jpg

EF1B1959-8246-4723-AEED-C35EB858BD8C_zpsuu1jpgfx.jpg

4AA46658-6C41-4868-8A66-122DAEB8805F_zpsyonjclgw.jpg

I also bought new alloys (same as i had) so i could treat them with some gtechnic stuff, the products might seem expensive but they don't lie about how little you need for full coverage, got this left after doing all four wheels:

5383031D-2207-4B9A-BB27-2924BA67ED6F_zpskvgczrrf.jpg

And this is how they are curing atm:

D832441B-C9DA-48F1-9029-F0AAF0B3BC3D_zpsftl5eotg.jpg

Still loads to do but i'm getting there eventually :smile:

Reactions: tombate911
You sir have balls big balls I like big balls some people may say your crazy or possibly stupid for not forging it but asking as you have the money to buy a new engine and forge it later if it blows up who cares. We need pioneers to push the limits to see where they are.

Can't wait to see this

what happened to your first set of alloys?

Fancied some new tyres so sold them with tires and bought and new set for the same money.

You sir have balls big balls I like big balls some people may say your crazy or possibly stupid for not forging it but asking as you have the money to buy a new engine and forge it later if it blows up who cares. We need pioneers to push the limits to see where they are.

Can't wait to see this

Cheers mate, not many pioneers in the Renault scene sadly so someone has to. Have a 25k engine at home aswell so if this one does pop it's no biggy other than a fair amount of work...

Great update, love the zorst and looks like you have a very tidy workspace to work in, love the tiled floor

That's how we bought it, took some time finding something suitable but very happy with it!

Is that a bypass valve in the exhaust? That will sound crazy!

Bypass indeed :smiley:

Reactions: peter
Last weekends progress:

New, genuine, rear discs drilled to accomodate for 5x112 again aswell as a fresh pair of front hubs

129D975E-C888-4854-B65D-3804892F3FA1_zpse0zwgagw.jpg

Oil feed and water feeds sorted, now just have to do the oil return and fab a bracket for the wastegate actuator

030E4105-3051-491C-8DCA-31990FA30AA9_zpslsu64uxs.jpg

Calipers stripped, cleaned and treated with some Gtechniq aswell

046FBE77-5093-468A-B021-DDDDE647B0C0_zpsmowiiuad.jpg

Alloy v-band made as heatsink for welding the v-band couplings

D6B8F622-D4CF-49BF-81AA-D8A36225B487_zpsmmxnmmt4.jpg

Love this thread, love that you think outside the box and make most of your own stuff, epic :smile:

Think those rims woul look very good anthracite?

One time sale sadly

Love this thread, love that you think outside the box and make most of your own stuff, epic :smile:

Think those rims woul look very good anthracite?

Cheers mate, i've always been like that, exactly why i'm driving and tuning Renault instead of VAG

Re the rims, i don't! I hate dark wheels as imo they should stand out. Could've just bought steels if i didn't want them to :smile: