Ultra Red 200 Cup FF

Going to tackle removing the window tints this afternoon so long as the rain stays off. Hateful job! Anyone any tips to make it a bit easier? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea - Google / Youtube it !

Not looked: but I bet there's loads of vids. And I bet most of them involve the use of a hairdryer :smile:

Good luck Eddie. Don't forget your camera :smile:

Yea - Google / Youtube it !

Not looked: but I bet there's loads of vids. And I bet most of them involve the use of a hairdryer :smile:

Good luck Eddie. Don't forget your camera :smile:

I'm borrowing a heat gun from work so that should do the trick along with some blades. Just need to bring some tar and glue removed home too as I'm sure there will be plenty of residue left lol

Had a quick look - you have a steam cleaner, one place has suggested that? Like wallpaper stripping!

I find that the cheapest way is solvent cleaner that window fitters use, its like a 1L bottle for £3. I've got loads of bottles from when I was in the trade, it's great for loads of things.

Update as things have been kind of quiet!

I removed the tints a couple of weeks back, was actually a really easy job. I just used a heat gun and waited for a hot day and they all peeled off more or less as one! Looks so much cleaner now :smile:.

I've also a buyer lined up for the Cup spoiler and have placed an order this evening on a Sprint spoiler to replace it. I always liked the Cup spoiler but now it's on a car I own it's just too much for me, there is just too much going on for my liking.

That's all for now! Spoiler will be fitted in the next few weeks along with the new tailgate.

Reactions: ///M and Big Ben
Progress has been slow recently, I've been quite busy with work but even busier at home with a 5 month old keeping me entertained :smile:.

Some might have noticed my thread about the part number for the RS Monitor. I got it ordered up this week along with the Bluetooth head unit. I had them fitted today and called on an old colleague from Renault to code the radio and RS Monitor. Relatively easy mod (if you have access to CLIP) and doesn't cost a fortune either. I like the factory look and it's great that it integrates into the display for the radio;

ad4f86a197aa85e8688b83db6b7268d2.jpg

06fb55b85cf2894eea4909399aa1cd71.jpg

e75967a7b531939ea6e50c3b660925e7.jpg

e8abf0ee065ecc2c3a17c63eaee511b1.jpg

e47709839ec0064a5b48742fd5b0f452.jpg

There is also a lap timer which I haven't photographed.

Happy with how it looks and need a trackday to test it out properly :smile:

A handy thing I'd say..good update..have you tried it out yet?

Yeah it's a good job! I haven't used the 0-62mph or 1/4 mile timer or the lap timer but I've scrolled through and used the rest. Can't use the optimal gear guide as it would lose your license if you used it on the road lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pav
Sweet! Great little upgrade is that Eddie. How does the optimal gear guide work then? I assume it's designed for maximum performance, ie track work? :wink:

Reactions: -Eddie-
Sweet! Great little upgrade is that Eddie. How does the optimal gear guide work then? I assume it's designed for maximum performance, ie track work? :wink:

Yeah I'm pleased it worked! Even though you hear of these things being done you still worry it won't work on your own car lol. Yeah I can only assume it's designed purely for out and out track driving. I was cruising along earlier in 4th gear, around 35-40mph and the car was telling me to select 2nd lol. You'd need to be a right hooligan to use it as a guide for road driving!

Reactions: Jimmy
Yeah I'm pleased it worked! Even though you hear of these things being done you still worry it won't work on your own car lol. Yeah I can only assume it's designed purely for out and out track driving. I was cruising along earlier in 4th gear, around 35-40mph and the car was telling me to select 2nd lol. You'd need to be a right hooligan to use it as a guide for road driving!

Ha, so definitely not designed for the eco-driver then :smile: it'll be interesting to know how it works on track and whether it makes a positive difference in terms of how you drive! Cool little feature to have!

Reactions: -Eddie-
Ha, so definitely not designed for the eco-driver then :smile: it'll be interesting to know how it works on track and whether it makes a positive difference in terms of how you drive! Cool little feature to have!

As much as I would love to make Spa with @nutnutwelshman I can't see it happening this year. But there is an RSUK day I might make or else a few track days at a local track I will make so can report back then :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy