Ultra Red Clio 200: Project Clubsport

A small update.

A few weekends ago I decided to clear my scuttle drains, since they'd never been cleared before and they car's now five years old. It proved to be a good decision! The offside drain was completely blocked and had a few inches of pooled water at the top of the turret. Everything was cleaned, cleared and sealed. Much better. I worked on it whilst my mate with a 172 Cup sorted his exhaust and a few other bits on his project.

17265134_10158579636590657_8792715889420406721_n_zpsyibolrdv.jpg

17202834_10158579635600657_1546003768449212563_n_zpsnwrqmdru.jpg

This weekend I've removed both Sportsters ready for the buyer to collect this coming weekend. They were also shampooed, brushed and sealed with a hydrophobic coating.

The removal went perfectly... up until I rounded off the FINAL BLOODY TORX BOLT and then had to drive over an hour away to my mate's house to borrow his impact. Fortunately it came right off with an impact and an oversized T45 which I hammered on. Phew.

17498490_10158665605670657_5451216992516077598_n_zpseu3mmwtb.jpg

Then steering wheel, gaiter and gearknob were also all removed in readiness for my shipment from Royal :sunglasses:

17553873_10158665114725657_5862276647428693656_n_zpsbyc5ntox.jpg

I'll just use the daily until everything's fitted now... that 1.2 8v life! :tearsofjoy:

So excited to get the new parts fitted.

Small update from last night.

I finally cleaned my silver seat belts using the method that Giles wrote on here. It worked a treat! Lovely silver belts once again, all ready for the new seats.

I also removed the plastic A pillar covers and retrimmed them in dark grey 9001 Alcantara. A million times better looking and it'll all tie in with the Alcantara wheel, gaiter and gearknob that I've ordered from Royal.

I feel like it's all coming together now. :sunglasses:

Capture_zpsxi7mnfx5.jpg

Reactions: Sean197
Was all "together" pretty nicely to begin with Christopher!

Love what you're doing here. Hope it all goes well. Has to be said, it's a really great upgrade and looks fantastic when done. You might find yourself wanting to do more than just the A pillars once they're done!

Was all "together" pretty nicely to begin with Christopher!

Love what you're doing here. Hope it all goes well. Has to be said, it's a really great upgrade and looks fantastic when done. You might find yourself wanting to do more than just the A pillars once they're done!

I've no doubt mate! It went better than I thought!

I'd love an M-Div. style headliner in grey Alcantara, but I don't fancy doing that myself! Maybe if I bought a cheap second headliner to cover...

I've no doubt mate! It went better than I thought!

I'd love an M-Div. style headliner in grey Alcantara, but I don't fancy doing that myself! Maybe if I bought a cheap second headliner to cover...

Looks GREAT on the dash too. I'm just not handy enough to do it and there are other jobs we want doing before I think about paying someone to do it for me. But will end up having it done I reckon.

Headliner would be fantastic mate!

Reactions: Christopher
A bit more progress last night... little and often! Bigger updates coming once all my new parts arrive.

Arrived home from work to see the results of the weekend's detailing session. The car wasn't corrected because the paint is generally in great condition, it was more about depth and additional protection.

Crappy iPhone photo but hey.

Washed with Zaino Z2
Decon using Tardis in the worst places (lower doors, bootlid, rear bumper)
Clayed with Sonus Mild w/ 50% soap mix
HydrO2 applied to lower panels, wheels, diffuser and heavy fouling areas
Towel dried with Water Magnet x2
Glazed with Prima Amigo x2
Waxed with Soft99 Mirror wax (AMAZING stuff)
Gtechniq G1 & G2 on all glass
Gtechniq C4 on all plastics
Final wipedown with Zaino Z8 x2
Prima Wheel Armour used on all wheels
AutoFinesse Satin used to dress all tyres and buffed off to a matte finish

33_zpsy7xqtamc.jpg

44_zpspwoenvbf.jpg

The interior was tackled on day two when I removed the seats, shampooed them and sealed the fabric.

Sportsters sat ready for collection on Sunday by the new owner.

22_zpsyrkmf90o.jpg

Also fitted my newly retrimmed pillar covers! Looking good! ...shameless free plug for AutoFinesse, too.

11_zpsonwzjljf.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy and Big Ben
Thoughts on spraying the silver vent trims in a satin black 'felt/suede effect' paint?

I'm not a fan of them standing out so much.

Thoughts on spraying the silver vent trims in a satin black 'felt/suede effect' paint?

I'm not a fan of them standing out so much.

This is on my radar to do, thought about having wrapped, not sure what to do though also I hate the silver on the gear stick base and on the steering wheel to.

I even started to look on ebay and you can get quite cheap a matt black set from lower spec clios - they are quite cheap.

This is on my radar to do, thought about having wrapped, not sure what to do though also I hate the silver on the gear stick base and on the steering wheel to.

I even started to look on ebay and you can get quite cheap a matt black set from lower spec clios - they are quite cheap.

Not a bad plan.

I've seen that they remove quite easily and I'm keen to try this suede-effect Plastikote paint. Might buy a cheap set and give it a go.

A pillars look fantastic mate, really good job there.

As for the vent trims, Yianni has painted his a nice dark metallic grey and I think they look really good. Just another option.

A pillars look fantastic mate, really good job there.

As for the vent trims, Yianni has painted his a nice dark metallic grey and I think they look really good. Just another option.

That's what I was thinking. A similar satin shade to the dark Alcantara.

I'll see if I can pick up a cheap set on eBay to try out.

That's what I was thinking. A similar satin shade to the dark Alcantara.

I'll see if I can pick up a cheap set on eBay to try out.

Exactly Christoper, that's pretty much what Yianni has done. Door handles too. It looks REALLY good to my eyes. Makes the interior look so much more classy and upmarket. Well worth the effort from what I've seen.

Finally completed my set of 200 Cup plastic sidestrips to fit. Some people aren't a fan, since it's a FF and I'm technically downgrading it, but I like the look of them.

Also waiting for a small black lip spoiler for the back.

Thoughts? Apologies for the poor quality Instagram image.

Capture_zpsqbsc2wpg.jpg

Like the side strips mate, something I've been thinking about myself. I think if you have other black accents on your car, like wheels, mirrors etc it goes really well. Did you buy them new? I'd been thinking about paint but if they're not too expensive new might just replace instead.

Finally completed my set of 200 Cup plastic sidestrips to fit. Some people aren't a fan, since it's a FF and I'm technically downgrading it, but I like the look of them.

Also waiting for a small black lip spoiler for the back.

Thoughts? Apologies for the poor quality Instagram image.

Capture_zpsqbsc2wpg.jpg
I reckon you need the poverty spec door handles now as the silver stands out more.