Upload size

Hello! I have a question in regard to the image upload size. I don't use Flickr or photbucket, I just upload direct from my iPhone.

The upload image maximum size is only 1MB, so I can't upload direct from my phone.

Over on cliosport.net, the upload max size is 15MB so I can upload not a bother.

Is there a way around this? I have the Flickr app on my phone, but there doesn't appear to be anyway to reduce the image size/quality. Am I missing something?

@Chris @Pav @sevenfourate any suggestions appreciated.

when i take a picture on my phone it doesnt usually exceed 1 mb anyway..can you reduce your pic quality in order to upload from your phone?
also if the picture is larger than 1mb,uploading via flickr/photobucket isnt an issue..
i've stopped using photobucket due to the option of uploading photos up to a 1mb size..also i use my pc where i can further reduce size of my photos..
Admins may shed more light on this for you..

Reactions: Northloopcup
Hello! I have a question in regard to the image upload size. I don't use Flickr or photbucket, I just upload direct from my iPhone.

The upload image maximum size is only 1MB, so I can't upload direct from my phone.

Over on cliosport.net, the upload max size is 15MB so I can upload not a bother.

Is there a way around this? I have the Flickr app on my phone, but there doesn't appear to be anyway to reduce the image size/quality. Am I missing something?

@Chris @Pav @sevenfourate any suggestions appreciated.

I'm a mere servant here buddy and have no ability to control such site parameters :smile: You really need @Jimmy or @Chris for that.

I also only ever upload from Photobucket - so wasnt aware of the 1MB limit here But with all modern phones having high resolution cameras....that limit doesn't seem to go hand in hand with modern technology as such. Can you not reduce the quality setting on your phone perhaps ?

Hopefully we'll get some clarification soon.....

Reactions: Northloopcup
You can get apps to shrink photos, I use one to upload onto here via iphone. It's called PhotoShrinker.

Either that's standard parameters that xenforo puts in place, or Nik has set it lower when he moved over hosts as this is a smaller forum with not as use, so perhaps less server support/lesser bandwidth.... that would need Nik to delve into anything like that..