upper ds engine mount

200cup andy

Platinum Member
has anyone else noticed that the upper engine mount on the drivers side seems a bit soft. i realised that alot time when you lift off you can feel the engine rock about, i had a look under the bonnet and you can push the mount about quite easily with your hand
im wondering what would happen if the gaps in the rubber mount on the engine are filled with something to make it stiffer would it stop all the hopping about

Someone's done it already and apparently it works well - its something that i'll be doing once the weather gets better :smile:

just to clear up what part im meaning, thinking about it its a torque mount/damper but to me its not strong enough

renaultcliosport197engine.jpg

so i wanted to fill the gaps in the bit arrowed with some silicon sealant or something similar to stop the forward/ back movement i think it would make the gear changes smoother

NErixon i think your on about changing the actual engine mount

I couldn't agree more.

I'm thinking about using Loctite glue for rearview mirrors. :smiley:

A lot of my friends have done the same thing on their cars (not Clio though).

Can you see on the mount there's loads of different gradings, to show which engine it's for, no doubt?

Without looking, I'm fairly sure the Cup's isn't last on the scale? Which leads me to think there's 1 harder, possibly the race car's??

But yeah, fill it full of resin!

Last edited:
ha ive got the idea from the honda forums the civic torque mounts are shoucking so everyone fills them to make them last longer, i ended up fitting alloy solid ones to my integra!! which made the car handle and accelerate brilliantly because it didnt hop about when and if it wheel span

thinking of the same principle doing to that part in the pic

Yep, VAG ones have bladders full of oil.... slash, empty, fill full of resin, job done!!

I think it's certainly worth whipping it out and taking a look.