UR Clio 200: Clubsport Project.

I don't really post too much on here, as I'm mainly on CS, but I thought that I'd do a little update.

I've owned the car from new in 2012, and it has pretty much every option bar rear sensors (as they ruin the bumper) and I've enjoyed every minute of ownership. It's been to Le Mans, done loads of road trips, shows and the Nurburgring.

Now I thought, would be a good time for upgrades. So I fitted a new set of Cup dampers to replace the 65k old ones, new H&R springs and fitted a set of Advan AD08Rs. The interior was also stripped and carpeted. The exhaust resonator was also modified for a bit more crackle and rasp, and it has had its last main dealer service.

Next, the plans are to finish off the interior with a pair of either Recaro SPGs or Pole Positions, finish my rear brace/luggage divider with an R26R red strap net, fit my mini fire extinguisher, and get the wheel retrimmed by Royal in grey alcantara.

I'm planning on a few UK trackdays as well as heading back to the Ring in the summer, so I may do further updates as and when they happen.

Chris

So yeah. Pics.

5D_37672_zpscjkueacc.jpg

5D_37691_zps5gzxsfpr.jpg

5D_37705_zpsiauprcau.jpg

5D_37714_zpsgdhjsul0.jpg

5D_37718_zps4u8zajwg.jpg

5D_37738_zpsqligsowa.jpg

5D_37932_zpsdyuk2qtm.jpg

5D_37955_zpsbatpekly.jpg

5D_37967_zpshoylkmn5.jpg

really great looking car, what spacers are you running? very similar setup to what i want to run on my AG clio. no idea what i want suspension wise though but at 62k the ride is incredibly brutal over anything other than a smooth road

Looks really nice mate. Do you do any special prep for track days?

I couldn't tell you mate, I'm yet to do a UK trackday in it! I'm booking Anglesey for May/June time though, then the Ring again in August hopefully.

When I did the Nurburgring the last time, I just prepped the usual basics like servicing beforehand, carry spare bolts/filters/fluids/pads etc, and just make sure that you do in-laps to help it cool down, rather than just parking it.

Reactions: Robert_197
really great looking car, what spacers are you running? very similar setup to what i want to run on my AG clio. no idea what i want suspension wise though but at 62k the ride is incredibly brutal over anything other than a smooth road

They're H&R 25mm hubcentrics. Cheers.

Worth refreshing the dampers/springs then.

I've done this and it made a difference to the damping on B roads. In the future, I might go Bilstein B14s.

That is one mean looking UR! Do you not find the spacers affect the handling at that width?

Solid looking car; clean and with a great stance.

As a Racing Blue owner.......i still think UR is my favourite colour.

And IMO looks even better on a 200 than a 197.

Yea. Very nice :smile:

Reactions: Pav
Solid looking car; clean and with a great stance.

As a Racing Blue owner.......i still think UR is my favourite colour.

And IMO looks even better on a 200 than a 197.

Yea. Very nice :smile:

Haha. High praise indeed! :smiley:

Thanks mate. UR is a great colour. I used to have an RB 182 so I've been there too

Cars looking great! What is your plan for the boot brace/luggage divider bar as i'm doing the same thing but just not sure exactly where to mount it?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Cars looking great! What is your plan for the boot brace/luggage divider bar as i'm doing the same thing but just not sure exactly where to mount it?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I've not looked into it fully yet, but potentially using the rear seat belt mounting holes. I just need a dry day to have a proper look! I'll let you know