Villa show their true colours.

As a Man Utd fan, it is so pleasing to see a football club like Villa come to OT and have the balls to try and outplay United, with success. Last year they should have won it, if only Macheda wasn't on the pitch and this year they have really stepped up to plate. Congratulations to any Villa fans on here. Not only have you beaten United for the first time in 10 years but Liverpool and Chelsea have also failed to beat the Villa this season. Gabby is also one hell of a player, such raw talent and no doubt will move on leaps and bounds in the next few years under the guidance of Martin O'Neill.

well as a Liverpool fan another great/enjoyable weekend i have just had, lol

4th place is going to be VERY close this year. :huh:

Well said Troopy.

I'm a United fan but I really respect teams like Spurs and Villa who have lots of English talent. Villa especially as I've been watching them for the last few seasons and really respect Martin O'Neill and the talent in that team.

Bottom line is the better they perform the better the England squad will be.

Liverpool will be there at the end of the season, I'd happily put money on it. Benitez just needs a bit of luck, it seems to have ran out atm. The belief just isn't there.

The league this year is just so unpredictable, just the amount of goal-scoring is crazy, less dull 0-0's can only be a good thing. Arsenal and Tottenham are hammering them in left, right and centre and the so called "smaller" clubs like Birmingham City, Sunderland, Burnley are really shaking things up by beating the top teams.

It'll be a close season from top to bottom, and i've got a feeling this chirstmas won't be as important as it has been in the past..we'll see!!

Liverpool will be there at the end of the season, I'd happily put money on it. Benitez just needs a bit of luck, it seems to have ran out atm. The belief just isn't there.

The league this year is just so unpredictable, just the amount of goal-scoring is crazy, less dull 0-0's can only be a good thing. Arsenal and Tottenham are hammering them in left, right and centre and the so called "smaller" clubs like Birmingham City, Sunderland, Burnley are really shaking things up by beating the top teams.

It'll be a close season from top to bottom, and i've got a feeling this chirstmas won't be as important as it has been in the past..we'll see!!

Nah, I disagree mate. They are not playing well at the moment and before long it will be a tough task (if they continue like this). They came to Ewood last week and we (Blackburn) should have beat them. One up front with Kuyt was just not working for them, and to be honest they looked normal.

Nah, I disagree mate. They are not playing well at the moment and before long it will be a tough task (if they continue like this). They came to Ewood last week and we (Blackburn) should have beat them. One up front with Kuyt was just not working for them, and to be honest they looked normal.

3 points last night tho. :wink:

i still think they will finish in the top 4. :blink:

I with you mate...Liverpool have been struggling most of this season I can't see how this is suddenly going to change unless some more depth and skill is invested in the team (unlikely given their financial problems).

I generally enjoying watching most teams play but Liverpool have really not been entertaining me lately...

As far as finishing in the top four is concerned, well I can't see that happening as there are other teams who have good young talent and want that spot i.e Villa, Spurs and Arsenal!

This is just my opinion!

Last edited:
Well boys, looks like your right, Liverpool are horrendous atm. And I cant say much for United's performance at Fulham (with or without defenders we have been average). Just shows how ridiculous this season is. It's definately more exciting.

That along with, City just this second sacking Hughes and replacing him instantly with Roberto Mancini. The way they have treated him is sickening.

1st Chelsea - Lost 3
2nd United - Lost 5
3rd Villa - Lost 3
4th Tottenham - Lost 5
5th Arsenal - Lost 4
6th Man City - Lost 2 (see sickening comment)
7th Liverpool - Lost 7

I've never seen stats like these in years. All teams have a chance of beating the "Big Boys".

Liverpool were SHOCKING yesterday, if the season carries on like this then 3rd and 4th place could be anybody,s.

never known a season like it tbh.

I think the recession has definately affected the Premiership. Liverpool and United have to pay off their owners debts and Chelsea are probably even limited to what they can spend.

Martin O'Neil has been building his team for a few years now and if they stay injury free then they could possibly be in with a chance...

Despite a dull start I disagree about our performances and think that since switching to 433 for the Chelsea game we really started to step it up. Obertan, Anderson, Evra, Valencia, Gibson, Rooney and Fletcher all were hitting serious form and creating a new dimension to the attack.

The defensive weakness has really screwed it up for us. Fergie has always said the defence is the most important part of a successful team.

Similar Thread Suggestions