Voice control not supported

Hi
anyone got any ideas please ?
when I press steering wheel voice button , message comes up on R link saying voice control not supported ?
visited renault today , they said there is no latest updates available so mustn't be that . And suggested I book my car in but if anyone has any ideas before the hassle of booking my car in it would be very much appreciated. It's never worked from day one

Thanks nutnut. Garage had no thoughts to what it could of been. Everything else on R link seems to be Working as it should .

Mine works ok, albeit a little slow, I prefer to use the favourites function on the r link for regular contacts!

Voice control = cack IMO

or it could be my accent I suppose :blush:hmy:

PS. It's as slow as hell anyway. It's like you are trying to talk to someone totally retarded!

Well went Renault today to sort out a few issues with my 220.
Amongst these was the message VOICE CONTROL NOT SUPPORTED displaying on R-Link .
The Technician who I must say was a good guy and very helpful tried his phone on 220 demonstrator that's a few months older than mine and no problems with voice control .
Tried same procedure with his phone on my car and no joy .
Seems to think mine has later update on R-Link to the demo model and this software maybe problem . I have an IPhone 6 and he noted this as well and is going to get onto the guys that sort the R-link side of things out .
As regards my other issues , passenger side and drivers side headrest runners both broke and need replacing , this is what's Causing the terrible headrest rattles . This is dissapointing because the car is brand new so I'm assuming these were broke at the factory and car still went through like this .
Rear wiper arm and blade replaced , nylon strip in blade was bent and that was the cause of wiper on sitting on glass .
Drivers side wiper same problem and replaced .
Rattle from R-Link facia needs 4 new clips behind facia to hold it in place properly .
Rattle from somewhere in the dash requires dash to be removed to investigate further . I was reluctant to give this the go ahead incase dash removel resulted in more problems . But after the technician has took car out for a drive he said he couldn't live with that rattle and neither should I on a brand new car .
I must add that this technician Is the best I've dealt with , understands the value of the car to me and appreciates it .
I have asked if he can carry out the work on my car and he has put his name on the job card so this gives me a bit more confidence of good results .

Name and praise him and the dealer, we will all then go there. Few and far
Renault HOLDCROFT STOKE.
I have been going here since my MKlll 200 and I must admit they weren't the best . But the turnaround has been amazing . Since they have got Renaultsport dealer appointed there has been a few staff changes . They have really embraced the RS brand from sales through to the technicians .
the service Manager Chris is really enthusiastic about RS and runs a Matt White 220 and the RS sales guy Ollie is 2nd to none when it comes to knowledge on the RS Brand .
when I was up there he was printing off Renault track days for customers.
seen quite a few RS models from across the range in there for work before now so obviously other owners have the same opinion as me.
The technicians are really keen when they get RS models in. Which is a refreshing change from some dealers who don't recognise that it's not just another Renault.
they even have coffee mornings and RS meets at the dealers on the last Sunday of every month .
I've had my moments in the past with this garage but the change really is a credit to them . Feels more like an RS dealer than just a RENAULT Dealer.