Wanna swap my car for one of these, Good or bad idea?

loving the progress thread aron. some ppl on there done some serious modding by looks of it

loving the progress thread aron. some ppl on there done some serious modding by looks of it

yeh thanks mate . the prohgress thread for mine does not do it justice the car was immac when i brought it but ive been cleaning like a you know what latley and it now looks amazing . i come to you fresh from a 4 hour detailing sesh .......... petes 53 wax x 3 coats !!!!

need to update with some proper pics asap .

my mate had to get rid of his FQ360 for running costs he did bits to it and got it dyno'd at 414 bhp. it was back breakingly quick but he just cudnt afford it. . . . . he was a pro snooker player aswell lol

Had many many evos there is nothing like them!but an evo 5/6 will be a step back in time in terms of interior!the 200 is my missus' car and bought as a sort of stepping block to an evo for her,but to be fair I'm really taken by It fair enough not the kind of power of an evo but enough for what it is.o yeh and be prepared for big bills if things go wrong,looking for an evo9 eventually when the clio has served its time but won't be for a while cos the missus loves the clio.all this talk of evos makes me want to get in the garage and get mine finished lol

I've looked into insurance and finance options and am now looking at an Evo 8 FQ-320.

Thoughts on these cars? same power but better build quality and modern.

I say go for it...My father had one T.M.E. or 6.5 as it's called and it is one serious piece of machinery. Lighter than the next generation evos, less electronics,more fun,less turbo-lag (first evo with titanium turbo), excellent brakes and brake balance (you turn more with the brakes than with the steering wheel if you know what i mean),great looks (better than the later evos at least). A weapon that needs using it...like our 197s

Only throwbacks are:
- interior sucks but if you know what you drive you should'nt mind.

- clutch wears out too fast.

p.s. FQ is not value for money .

No No No,but if you get it come to a track day at Brands indy,
( or any other short track,or even some of the longer tracks ,at snett some very powerfull cars could not out corner the 197!!)
watch all the 197/200's And Meganes run rings round it.Also it will need some serious mods to be quick round a short track,the power is ok on the straight ,after all its a Rally based not track car.
Oh and its pug ugly.
But having said all that what ever floats your boat ,
I'm keeping mine for good,but if and when I can afford it I would like to add a Nissan Z370 and a diesel Renault for comuting.
If I win the Lotto an Aston martin and a Nissan GTR and a Megane V6 racer.