Washer jets / motor

Beany

Platinum Member
Hi all,

In the freezing conditions the fluid in my washer fluid in the lines / tank has frozen.
Usual stuff as to wait till it thaws etc however I can’t hear the mechanism working? It made a noise yesterday with nothing coming out but today completely dead! Dunno if the entire thing has frozen or fuse / Motor dead

I have the exact same issue - it was working and buzzing away (only tried short bursts) but nothing coming from the spray nozzles so I left it alone. Next day, nothing at all from it as though either the fuse is gone or pump is dead.

Beany - The washer pump itself is located in the drivers side front wing, should you not already know. This is accessible by removing the front bumper.

If anyone knows where the fuse for the pump is located, please let me know as I am getting conflicting information on where the numerous fuse boards are!

Reactions: Beany
Hi all,

In the freezing conditions the fluid in my washer fluid in the lines / tank has frozen.
Usual stuff as to wait till it thaws etc however I can’t hear the mechanism working? It made a noise yesterday with nothing coming out but today completely dead! Dunno if the entire thing has frozen or fuse / Motor dead
My vans the same mate. No noise or water coming out. Think it’ll be fine once it thaws out:smile:

I have the exact same issue - it was working and buzzing away (only tried short bursts) but nothing coming from the spray nozzles so I left it alone. Next day, nothing at all from it as though either the fuse is gone or pump is dead.

Beany - The washer pump itself is located in the drivers side front wing, should you not already know. This is accessible by removing the front bumper.

If anyone knows where the fuse for the pump is located, please let me know as I am getting conflicting information on where the numerous fuse boards are!

Cheers, Yeah I though it might be around there as that’s where the fluid tank is.

Been out during lunch to see if I can sort it however very windy and worried it’ll blow the bonnet off the catch, it’s making buzz noises again however nowt is coming out.

A lovely journey to look forward to again

A good strong windscreen wash mix will stop it freezing in the first place if its a problem keep a 2 litre bottle of water inside the car or from the house when getting into the car then you have drinking water if stuck and you can treat the screen directly. Pour hot water into the washer bottle to speed up the thaw as left alone the bottle will be split with the ice and dump a good dose even top it up with only washer concentrate in along with it.

A good strong windscreen wash mix will stop it freezing in the first place if its a problem keep a 2 litre bottle of water inside the car or from the house when getting into the car then you have drinking water if stuck and you can treat the screen directly. Pour hot water into the washer bottle to speed up the thaw as left alone the bottle will be split with the ice and dump a good dose even top it up with only washer concentrate in along with it.
Yes I’m aware that poor planning and limited stock everywhere have left me in this state but have to live with it at this time being..
I’ll have another sort out before I leave

Same for me today, total silence, can't even hear the pump/motor doing anything. Had a hour trip each way today and figured the engine heat might thaw it out but no such luck. My screenwash should be plenty concentrate not to freeze in this weather. Had to keep tailgating lorries every now and again on the motorway to use the water whipped up from their wheels/guards to keep the windscreen clear-ish! Nightmare.

It's to thaw it out not fill it up lol
I know :smile:
Same for me today, total silence, can't even hear the pump/motor doing anything. Had a hour trip each way today and figured the engine heat might thaw it out but no such luck. My screenwash should be plenty concentrate not to freeze in this weather. Had to keep tailgating lorries every now and again on the motorway to use the water whipped up from their wheels/guards to keep the windscreen clear-ish! Nightmare.
sums up what my journey tonight’s going to me lol :smile:

I had to rely on Afew lorries to clear

Success!!! A kettle of boiling water and 30mins of driving finally broke down the icy walls and I have squirty water

Reactions: Big Ben
Hahaha would love to however short notice to get to London :smile:

You been lately? Hasn’t been good
It’s been dire hasn’t it?!

Missed Sunday. Was chatting with my brother and he reckons that’s the first final I’ve missed since 1987!:flushed:

My son goes now so I’ve passed over the baton. All my money goes on the Clio now!!

It’s been dire hasn’t it?!

Missed Sunday. Was chatting with my brother and he reckons that’s the first final I’ve missed since 1987!:flushed:

My son goes now so I’ve passed over the baton. All my money goes on the Clio now!!
Shocking mate.... #WengerOut

Wow that’s same time as I’ve been on this planet!

Haha allowed him to watch dissapointing footy! How he get in with his test?