Washing my LY

My LY 197 looks even more amazing than usual in the sun light but with the weather as it is now it's getting less chance to shine :/ do any of you have any favourite products you use, shampoos etc to keep that gorgeous sparkle all year round?!

I use Meguires & Autoglym, good products without being too hard on the pocket, at the moment using:
Megs Ultimate wash & wax, and use Megs lambswool mitt (much nicer and less scratching than sponges)
After washing & drying I still use a quality chamois but those micro fibre cloths are good

Megs Ultimate Liquid wax (once a month I'll use Autyglym super resin polish before waxing, helps to hide and fill light surface scratches)

Megs Clay bar & quick detailer spray, probably use twice a year or when needed, and quick detailer spray also superb at getting bird muck/spatted bugs off of the paint easily

Megs ultimate Protectant for inside/outside plastics, brings them up like new.
Autoglym Glass polish for all the glass, mirrors

All wax/polish & other cleaners I use Megs cloth applicator pads for putting the wax/polish on & micro fibre cloths to put other products on and remove and so have a fair few as each product I'll use 2 each, plus you can put in washing machine to clean and their a lot more friendly to the paint than that mutton cloth stuff

get excellent results from these

Last edited:
My LY 197 looks even more amazing than usual in the sun light but with the weather as it is now it's getting less chance to shine :/ do any of you have any favourite products you use, shampoos etc to keep that gorgeous sparkle all year round?!

Were are the pics???

I use optimum car wash shampoo, bilt hamber soft clay, autoglym super resin polish and optimum opti seal.

Last edited:
Nothing stops the fact that when the weather gets poor the car gets dirty but what you can do is create a barier be getting a good wax on it that means less dirt sticks and it comes off quicker.

Never get sick of seeing LY sooooooooooooooo nice
Scrubs up well mate